Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Challenger R/T (Sound Group II) with the 8" subwoofer in the back rear deck. I wanted to tap into that and add a LC2I and then run that RCA to my Amp and from there power my sub.

I was wondering which wires i tap into. I have what looks to be like 4 wires going to that sub. 2 I can't really tell where they connect, but look like smaller power wires maybe. and then the other 2 that connect using a connector directly to the sub.

My assumption is that I should cut the connector off that pair, and use that as the Left +/- on the LC2I. Then run my RCA out of that into my amp.

Is this correct? or should i leave the connector on, and use T-Taps and have both the 8" still connected with my additional sub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know its not "kosher" to bump your own thread but I am still looking for some info.. I've looked on https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

for the wiring, and the colors don't match up to what i have, Or i am looking at the wrong stuff....

Anyone with more knowledge on this would be very helpful..

here is a picture of the wires coming out of my rear subwoofer

I'm not tryin to go in there and start chopping stuff up to figure it out on my couple month old baby lol..

thanks anyone who can help!

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't cut any connectors off. If you don't want the factory sub, just unplug it. You can simply tap (strip and solder/tape) into the left or right rear speaker for signal to the LC2i

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why wouldnt i use the signal from the stock sub? Wouldn't that be the most clear / Low-pass filtered cables? then just use the left input of the LC2i only? or does it req. both inputs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts