Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the answer to the noob question after looking around. Apologies in advance if already asked.

I have a 2019 GT AWD. If tuning (once warranty is up) and trying not to break the bank. What is the best option?

• A used PCM (ebay, salvage yard)
  • Unlock the stock PCM
  • Just buy a new unlocked PCM bundled with tuner (HP)

I get that there would be additional costs involved having the first 2 options unlocked.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,378 Posts
Can't find the answer to the noob question after looking around. Apologies in advance if already asked.

I have a 2019 GT AWD. If tuning (once warranty is up) and trying not to break the bank. What is the best option?

• A used PCM (ebay, salvage yard)
  • Unlock the stock PCM
  • Just buy a new unlocked PCM bundled with tuner (HP)

I get that there would be additional costs involved having the first 2 options unlocked.

Any advice appreciated.
If you can take the downtime just have yours unlocked. If you don't have the option for down time then do the swap.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
244 Posts
Can you even unlock your PCM? I have a 2018 R/T and was under the impression it could not be unlocked. If I wanted to do anything, I'd need to pick up a Scat Pack PCM.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,378 Posts
Can you even unlock your PCM? I have a 2018 R/T and was under the impression it could not be unlocked. If I wanted to do anything, I'd need to pick up a Scat Pack PCM.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.