Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to get an idea when some of us Southern owners will be heading to Kentucky. My group is leaving early Friday morning and should arrive 5-6PM. We'll be going up through Mississippi hoping to spot some Challengers on the way.

Jack

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
I am in Bham and you guys will be comng through here. Not sure what time i am leaving but I can time it when you guys are passing through here. Although I will say this, I generally drive a lot faster than most on the interstate and frankly, driving in a pack at the speed limit will drive me crazy. But I can take one for the team if we have a large group caravanning.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
So which route you plan on taking us through Jack? There are 3 different ways to get there. The longest being through Birmingham..BUT its only an extra 10-15minutes (70miles) compared to the shortest route. I'm fine with putting a few extra miles and another 15 minutes into driving if we add on to the caravan

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
We're going to go a few places on our way there but will be there when you guys get there. Might be with you on the way back. See you there.
Rick

·
Banned
484 Posts
Ill be heading up thru Memphis. I40 to nashville then on to BG. We had a few of us meet up in Nashville last year. Hopefully we can get some more this year, and not have a breakdown.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Jack, I make breakfast for my working girls at about 6am everyday and at that time I make myself a pot of starbuck strongish. Therefore I will launch outta here shortly after the girls head out 0730ish. I know you got a ways to get here, my route will be I59 to B'ham I65 into BG.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I had figured was like last year, north to I-20 then east to Vicksburg, then up from Jackson. We still have time to tweak the route if need be. It may mean leaving earlier than 6AM like last time.

Jack

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So which route you plan on taking us through Jack? There are 3 different ways to get there. The longest being through Birmingham..BUT its only an extra 10-15minutes (70miles) compared to the shortest route. I'm fine with putting a few extra miles and another 15 minutes into driving if we add on to the caravan
If we're gonna drive 70 extra miles in 15 minutes then I'm following YOU lol.

Jack

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, updated route for the Cenla Challenger Club. We will be driving through Birmingham and up I-65 N towards Kentucky. Hoping to arrive in BG just before check-in time. Eric, if we leave central Louisiana around 4:30 AM we should be near Jackson, MS about the time you depart.

Jack

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Great, coming through here, keep me posted an how many are coming and when. This might be a good rest point for everyone. If not I will be tracking your time and meet you on the interstate to join the group.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good Jerry. As the day approaches I will PM you my cell phone # so we can co-ordinate this.

Jack

·
Registered
585 Posts
OK, updated route for the Cenla Challenger Club. We will be driving through Birmingham and up I-65 N towards Kentucky. Hoping to arrive in BG just before check-in time. Eric, if we leave central Louisiana around 4:30 AM we should be near Jackson, MS about the time you depart.

Jack
Yo Jack, I will be on I59, it merges with I20 in Meridian MS, if possible I will join youseguyz at that point. So you will make Meridian 0830? if so I can adjust my departure to join up in Meridian or the long stretch I59/20 to B'Ham, you know there ain't Ham like a BirmingHam. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
So are all of you going to be coming through Nashville if not we need to get a thread going for people that want to meet in Nashville we should have a few coming through here according to the map.

·
Banned
484 Posts
Ill be coming trough nashville. I stated it earlier in this thread but u are the first to response. If theres more intrest i will start a thread about it.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Everyone coming through Bham will be going through Nashville also. Would be nice to time it so the I - 40 people will meet the I - 65 people in Nashville, might be hard to do though.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eric, we plan on leaving Pineville at 4:30 Friday morning. I think Meridian is about 5 hours drive from here. Last year, we headed up through Memphis and Nashville, so a meet up around there is possible. I try to heed the speed limits so we probably won't be getting there as fast as some of you lol.

Jack

1 - 20 of 31 Posts