Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the SP lowering springs themselves? Wondering if when I order them if I can do it myself.

Thanks guys!
Ray

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I did the install for the Eibach kit on my R/T on my own. Speedysgarage.net has a really goo install video you can follow.

You'll need to have access to a spring compressor tool to swap the front springs safely.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I would rather install them myself than pay someone hundreds of dollars. :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
i just installed the srt shock and spring kit.the front was pretty easy,using the spring compressor was a little chore,not to bad though.when doing the rear end,if you chose the method of removing the lower control arm bolts,getting them lined back up is a little tedious.i did it by myself,it would have been a little easier to line up the holes with another person using the jack.also on the front when taking the springs of the struts there is a tool called the thru-ratchet.i bought it at lowes.it is made by kobalt.it allows access to the spring shaft so you can hold it while you unscrew the nut.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Good luck with the install, you will LOVE the springs! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts