Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I wanna order a pair of spacers from Titan and I am not sure if they fit my regular 2020 HC. They do not know themselves if any cutting of studs is required to make it work,or atleast they probably dodged my question lol. I have 3 questions

Do you guys know the size of studs in inches? The part that sticks out

Also anyone running these 1.25" spacers?

Are lugs required or OEM's will work?

Link to Titan spacers

For the record, a 20×11 HC FR 77 replicas with +22 offset and 305 Toyos are gonna be installed for the back of my kitty.

Wheels link

Any input greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
those spacers will fit. i have that same spacers and used it to test fit for the widebody conversion. no need to cut the studs. 1.25" is the smallest you can install without cutting the studs.

are you doing a widebody? 20x11 with +22 will stick out at least .25 inch with standard body + you're adding spacers.

also, note that with spacers, you're mounting point is now farther from the OE hub and the tires will swing out higher when you hit a big dip at high speed (compression stroke) and may rub inside of the lowest point of the
rear wheel well. ask me how :). i have to cut and weld the rear fender wheels twice and massage the rubbing area.

the correct offset wheel will not swing high due to the mounting point.

i also tried 2" spacers on the rear on the (20x10.5) wheels. It looks really nice as the wheels are so close to the fender wheels. I do have 20x11 -2 offset now. they are ok but prefer the 20x12 but they want arm and a leg for it:) maybe someday...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Pictures gerv ?

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
Pictures gerv ?

A Guy
here we go: i'll start a thread when i gather all the pix and after i paint it:)

1st pix. think this was with 2" spacer and switched to 1.5" just to see how it looks. The closet the rim to the fender the better it looks:)

2nd pix cut and stitch weld rear wheel fender.

3rd pix made a radius out of 1 1/4 wide and 1/8 thick flat metal and welded it on the panel as a tire guard in case the tire will swing higher to prevent tire damage and it does not look butcher than others say about us widebody wannabee.. haha

4th pix new tire wheel combo 20x11 -2 offset (315x35x20) vs 20x10.5 +22 offset (305x35x20) the new wheel/tire combo looks massive compared old setup but still look tiny after it was mounted. These cars are huge and made wide tires small. :)

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those spacers will fit. i have that same spacers and used it to test fit for the widebody conversion. no need to cut the studs. 1.25" is the smallest you can install without cutting the studs.

are you doing a widebody? 20x11 with +22 will stick out at least .25 inch with standard body + you're adding spacers.

also, note that with spacers, you're mounting point is now farther from the OE hub and the tires will swing out higher when you hit a big dip at high speed (compression stroke) and may rub inside of the lowest point of the
rear wheel well. ask me how :). i have to cut and weld the rear fender wheels twice and massage the rubbing area.

the correct offset wheel will not swing high due to the mounting point.

i also tried 2" spacers on the rear on the (20x10.5) wheels. It looks really nice as the wheels are so close to the fender wheels. I do have 20x11 -2 offset now. they are ok but prefer the 20x12 but they want arm and a leg for it:) maybe someday...
Yes! Thanks for the info!

I am converting mine (stock height) to widebody kit from vicrez, but staggered demon look (tucked in front wheels). Not gonna touch the front. The spacers arrive tomorrow. I calculated the wheel size difference is 1.5" since the but the offset is +6more with 20×11's compared to stock OEM +16.

So based on my calculations if the widebody wheels sit flush at -9mm offset, then I have to get at least 1.25" spacers to add to +22 offset with 1.5" wider wheel which brings it to -12mm offset.

Math is
+22 - 1.25"(32mm) = 10mm offset + 1.5" wider wheel
So 1.25" + 1.5" = 2.75" total width

Widebody fenders 3"

Should be almost flush.

Rubbing, not sure still but theoretically it should not. I think you got a 2013 and down Chally which is slighly different fender gap and maybe different wheel hub components.

NOTE: I did not account for the backspacing but it should be fine from what I know.

I hope I do not have to cut anything. Did you lower your ride?

Will post some pics when done.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
Np! Mine is Vicrez as well but I”ve permanently bolted it to the panel using riv nuts and eliminated all the hairline gaps. Your rear wheel combo will have 7.61” backspace almost similar to my old demon rep 10.5” + 22 and 2” spacer (8.11 bs). That would look nice be really close to the new flares.
With the demon rep and stock height, there was no rubbing at all. I even speed up on those lengthy and huge speed bumps without running issue. Installed BC Coilover last summer and the rubbing issue started when I hit a big dip. It rubs inside the wheel well on the outer corner of the tires. It does not happen a lot but annoying.
I rolled the inner fender few times but still rubs that’s why I’m doing this body kit.

if you’re not using spacer, I’d say it will not rub based on my old setup. However, the spacer moved the mounting point of the wheels and it acts a leverage so it will swing higher and might kiss the underside of the fender lip. What I did prior driving with the spacers and the new wheel setup is use my race ramp and drive the wheel one at a time and check for clearances then add an inch cause that 4400 whale will cycle the suspension more when you hit a big dip at high speed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Np! Mine is Vicrez as well but I”ve permanently bolted it to the panel using riv nuts and eliminated all the hairline gaps. Your rear wheel combo will have 7.61” backspace almost similar to my old demon rep 10.5” + 22 and 2” spacer (8.11 bs). That would look nice be really close to the new flares.
With the demon rep and stock height, there was no rubbing at all. I even speed up on those lengthy and huge speed bumps without running issue. Installed BC Coilover last summer and the rubbing issue started when I hit a big dip. It rubs inside the wheel well on the outer corner of the tires. It does not happen a lot but annoying.
I rolled the inner fender few times but still rubs that’s why I’m doing this body kit.

if you’re not using spacer, I’d say it will not rub based on my old setup. However, the spacer moved the mounting point of the wheels and it acts a leverage so it will swing higher and might kiss the underside of the fender lip. What I did prior driving with the spacers and the new wheel setup is use my race ramp and drive the wheel one at a time and check for clearances then add an inch cause that 4400 whale will cycle the suspension more when you hit a big dip at high speed. Hope this helps.
It does indeed help a lot gerv!

Seems like you have studied this stuff in much depth. I appreciate the insight!

I will definitely post some pics here when finished. Might even go 2" if the gap is not almost flush.

Do you have any side shots of your end result? Would be nice to see a closeup of the fender-wheel distance. Also what was the math for backspacing?

I am getting DIRS bolt on diff brace case next to protect against hard launches, I'd highly recommend it for your beast too.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
1st pix below is the side profile with 10.5 +22 offset wheel + 2" spacers. I really like this look as the tire is really close to the fender well. I might not use the small pieces of the flares. kinda like to unfinish look:)
2nd pix is the clearance when the suspension is cycled with 20x11 (-2 offset). Tire is sitting on top of the ramp. there's still a lot of room like 3/4". 3/8 spacer should be enough to finish it off without rubbing.

The backspacing i posted above is a quick calculation by taking the center of the rim and adding/deducting the offset. I did not take account of the tire but add .5" to it since tire is included when calculating backspacing because 90+ % of tires are protruding pass the wheel lip.

Thanks for recommending the brace. I've looked at it in the past and it's on my lists and oil cooler bunch more suspension parts. haha

Here's the formula for backspacing:
My rep HC widebody wheel is 20x11 -2 offset

Backspace = (Wheel Tire Width + 1)/2 + (Offset/25.4) >>> the "1" on the 1st parenthesis is to take account of the protruding sidewall like i've mentioned above.

(11 + 1) /2 + (-2/25.4)
(12) /2 + (-.0787)
6 + -.00787 = 5.92" BS
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Blue
Infrastructure Atmosphere White Line Carmine
Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts