Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW

For those with sub woofer, feeling the bass is not right.

Have a look at this:
Subwoofer - Dodge Challenger Forums and Owners Club

My perception with this mod, improved bass response.
(besides, quick, easy, and cheap......my kinda a mod)

Remember stereo listening is SUBJECTIVE, what works for you might not work for me, and vice-versa.

Hope this helps others

Happy listening

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for passing along the info, I think I will give it a try in the near future.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I did it today. It was easy and cheap and does seem to make a difference. Bass now seems even throughout a song as opposed to just overwhelming at certain points. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm still waiting for my car, but does the owner's manual refer to a crossover setting? It sounds like it's set at 50 Hz, meaning it only amplifies frequencies at 50 hz or lower. If possible, raise the frequency to 200 Hz. This is pretty standard fare for subwoofers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I might have missed it, but I could not find anything about being able to adjust the crossover settings.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You are basicly making that sub non-existent. I'm not saying that it doesn't sound better to your ears, but Subs work on compression of an enclosed space. Making it into a 'ported sub' isnt really what you are doing. It IS VERY difficult to make a ported enclosure, and just moving that sub out like that it just making it not work properly. I know what you mean about the sub though, It does stink!

The problem is the amp, and sub combination can probably never sound that great. I ripped it all out, I'm a little goofy when it comes my system in the car though. You really need to replace both to get great sound. If you wanna check out my setup, its on my website about my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts