Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPAG seems crazy for $1,395 for some black Stripes. Is this it!

I don't understand what they mean by High Intensity Discharge Headlamps aren't these standard in all Challengers already?

Just wondering if anything else that is not listed on the window sticker.

I don't see anyway to justify it.

Seems like quite a few items that we're part of SPAG from a few years ago is now standard in the SPS

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Actually, HID are not standard. Projectors are. But you can get HID as part of Conv Group as well I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yes HID comes with convenience pkg. Also some other packages. I did not want or get SPAG. I put my own stripes on, had it done but still, the tail band was $100. for the vinyl and another $100. for the install. You also get blacked out grill and black gas cap. I like the chrome with Billet some with black (my car is billet). Also you get the bee stitched INTO your seat AND get to see said bee each and every time you start that fine automobile in the dash. So, the choice is yours....... But I would get the HID headlights somehow. Those RULE!

I think the Convenience pkg. is more than worth it!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I don't think I've seen a Projector on the Challengers Post 2015
There is someone here with a T/A that has projector lights. Wanting to upgrade.......we couldn't believe it either!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Might be over priced for what you get, honestly. It's a way for FCA to bundle and sell you a package of things you mostly didn't need.

- Bees on the seats and in the dash ... nice to have ... but you tend to forget about them over time, i.e. nothing you'd appreciate after owning the car for more than a year.

- Blacked out grill and fuel filler door - guess there's a way to do it yourself, but that would mean going through the pain of it.

- Stripes - not a big fan of the tail stripe. IMHO it breaks up the flow of the car and doesn't look that good. Length wise stripes fit this car better. Peeled mine off after 9 months and put on custom stripes. Never looked back.

- HID headlights - ok, they are great and worth the money. But not if they are the ONLY item you want out of this list.

Do these items add up to a value of $1395? I don't know .... I'd rather get the WRT wheels or the technology group for less than that money.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Nothing wrong with Projectors at all, but once you had HIDs and are used to them, it's really hard to go back or go without.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Might be over priced for what you get, honestly. It's a way for FCA to bundle and sell you a package of things you mostly didn't need.

- Bees on the seats and in the dash ... nice to have ... but you tend to forget about them over time, i.e. nothing you'd appreciate after owning the car for more than a year.

- Blacked out grill and fuel filler door - guess there's a way to do it yourself, but that would mean going through the pain of it.

- Stripes - not a big fan of the tail stripe. IMHO it breaks up the flow of the car and doesn't look that good. Length wise stripes fit this car better. Peeled mine off after 9 months and put on custom stripes. Never looked back.

- HID headlights - ok, they are great and worth the money. But not if they are the ONLY item you want out of this list.

Do these items add up to a value of $1395? I don't know .... I'd rather get the WRT wheels or the technology group for less than that money.
Exactly! I think having the Convenience pkg. gives you all you need. I mean, the black fuel door is $65.00 and 30 minutes work. Pick your own stripes......... I do not think SPAG is worth it. IMHO

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
They have changed the groupings with some of the packages since 2015, but I sure am glad I have the SPAG and I think the rear tail-stripe is the tell tale sign that you are driving a Scat with this new generation. For my 2015, I got the front end black out treatment, HID's, WRT wheels(which I think are WAAAYYY better than the standard wheels), black gas cap, tail stripe...i dunno, I think that's it. Glad I have it though!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Totally up to buyer if it's worth it, and what they need and want in a car.

Not worth it to me, as I wanted a naked car and got a lot of the other options in my Shaker package and Conv package.

However, a twelve pack of beer is worth $12 to me, but worthless for others.

To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
SPAG seems crazy for $1,395 for some black Stripes. Is this it!

I don't understand what they mean by High Intensity Discharge Headlamps aren't these standard in all Challengers already?

Just wondering if anything else that is not listed on the window sticker.

I don't see anyway to justify it.

Seems like quite a few items that we're part of SPAG from a few years ago is now standard in the SPS
The SPS includes a number of things as standard that would otherwise be optional on a Scat Pack coupe. The prices for SPAG drop down for an SPS vs SP since some of these items are already included in that model.

HIDs are not standard on anything except the SRT models.

So you have to either get Driver Conv. Group or SPAG to get them. If you had DCG & order SPAG, the prices adjust on SPAG since one package already included them.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
The SPS includes a number of things as standard that would otherwise be optional on a Scat Pack coupe. The prices for SPAG drop down for an SPS vs SP since some of these items are already included in that model.

HIDs are not standard on anything except the SRT models.

So you have to either get Driver Conv. Group or SPAG to get them. If you had DCG & order SPAG, the prices adjust on SPAG since one package already included them.

REALLY!!! I thought for sure they just charged away..... Not that it mattered for me......... but that's good to know!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts