Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been discussed over and over, however I am bringing it up one more time. Please forgive.
2013 Challenger SRT8 with 20" rims and no spare or jack and the air compressor that comes with the car has the glue crap in it which might can only be used one time. So has anyone bought a spare 18" OEM rim/tire and jack for their Challenger?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'll bet you could go to a salvage yard and get a spare+jack from a SE/SXT model for a low price and it would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have one. Complete kit with spacer, wrench, jack & anything else needed. It installs in the well.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
which is it the front or back that the spare tire can not be put on?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one. Complete kit with spacer, wrench, jack & anything else needed. It installs in the well.
Mind sharing where you purchased it?
Also, will the spare fit over the Brembos - front and rear?

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Spare and spacer to the front, good tire on the rear. Need to keep the anti spin rear as close to original as possible.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Mind sharing where you purchased it?
Also, will the spare fit over the Brembos - front and rear?
I believe it's available on ebay. You can search on google to find it too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a jack and lug wrench off ebay. After it arrived I found the jack and lug wrench from my grandmothers 1984 Chrysler New Yorker. They were the same!

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I am sure this has been discussed over and over, however I am bringing it up one more time. Please forgive.
2013 Challenger SRT8 with 20" rims and no spare or jack and the air compressor that comes with the car has the glue crap in it which might can only be used one time. So has anyone bought a spare 18" OEM rim/tire and jack for their Challenger?
Bookmark this...
Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

Tip 92 will get you going. That's what I use.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you don't need the trunk room, a full size spare gives the advantage of being able to match the rear tire size and fitting on the front or rear with out an adapter. This allows you to drive at normal speeds. And, you don't have to find a replacement tire in the middle of nowhere.
I chose this option and bolted an old seat belt in the trunk to keep the wheel/tire in place.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
How thick is the wheel spacer for the SRT
I got all the items in the tip 92. My spacer is just under 1 1/2" thick and it clears the fronts with no issues.
I got the jack, lug wrench, tire, and wheel for cost when I bought the car along with a Mopar CAI thrown in or it was a no deal.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
IIRC, the spacer trick is only needed for the SRT's. The R/T's and SE's can take the 18" space saver spare on all four corners. If I'm wrong, someone holler. I realize the OP was talking about an SRT8, however.

For my R/T, I got an 18" spare, jack, etc. from a Magnum in the junkyard. Regarding a full-size spare; I tried putting one of my original 18" tires in the trunk and there was hardly any room for anything else!

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts