Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind a spare tire do those little Smart cars come with?

I mean, it couldn’t be one of the regular donut spares, that would be a full-size tire and wheel for a Smart car!

So it would have to be a little teeny-tiny spare for them, and I am genuinly wondering if anyone has seen one of these things yet.

Just how small are they?

Where is it stored?

What about a jack??

Does it even need one seeing as you can pick the car up yourself while someone changes out the spare???

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,977 Posts
Looks like you don't get a spare, you get repair kit like some Challengers

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you posted on the wrong forum. You want to go over to: www.smartcarofamerica & post over there.
nocando, accessing that website for the purposes of creating a thread is expressly forbidden in the protective order they....you know what, the details don't matter, let's just say I am not welcome there. >:)

Looks like you don't get a spare, you get repair kit like some Challengers

spare tire for smart car - YouTube

Smart Car Spare Tire - YouTube

A Guy
I didn't have sound when I perused those videos, but I was struck by a couple things after watching (most of) them:

1) Carrying a full sized spare for those cars seems to take up an inordinate amount of the already limited space available, why not just buy run-flat tires instead?
2) I like that hide-away compartment they have built into the tailgate or whatever you call that back door.
3) That gentleman is clearly using his hide-away as a storage/hiding spot for his rape-kit. Do we have any identifiable info on him that we could pass along to the local authorities?? Where is 'local' for him, Florida I'm guessing?

Also, do you think he built his rape-kit to double as an auto-emergency kit too, or did he take his auto-emergency kit and augment it so it could function as a rape-kit if necessary? (I'm thinking it's definitely the former)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts