Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
You may want to search the forum for a thread I started a year ago on this very topic titled "Mounting a Spare Tire Kit on a Challenger SRT" to read people's takes, reactions and comments.

My situation was: blew a tire on a mountain road with no cell reception. Never again.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I posted this in another thread someplace but I will repeat it here. I have the H.K. system so no spare and yes I did have a flat just a couple months after I bought the car. While attending a funeral in a part of Detroit that I would not visit otherwise the low tire pressure warning lit up. I put on the tire pressure monitor in the vehicle info and sure enough the right rear was low. The pressure was dropping rapidly and I knew I would not make it far so I pulled over in a gas station parking lot. I retrieved the kit from the trunk and used it just as fast as I could to pump it up. It actually worked faster than I could have changed the tire and sealed the tire perfectly. I was amazed because the hole was very large and didn't think that stuff could seal that big of a hole. Took it to Belle Tire when I got close to home, about a forty mile drive, and they peeled the goop out and repaired the tire. The pressure sensor was not damaged and is still working fine. All this being said I would still like to have a spare tire especially for a long trip. I wonder if the jack and spare from my wife's 300c would work in a pinch?

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I am looking into putting an air suspension set up in.I was thinking of keeping everything in the spare tire compartment.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I have a complete SRT kit. Spacer, factory 18 inch spare, factory jack and all hold down parts. The kit includes the thin wall socket and breaker bar needed to install the adapter. I will sell the entire kit and provide photos. I live in Alabama so price would depend on shipping cost. I will sell the kit for $200.00. All I need is a Paypal email to send an invoice to. Buyer pays actual shipping. I'm going to guess that in the lower 48 US you are looking at $250.00 total. You can't buy these parts individually yourself for anywhere close to my offer.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
All this being said I would still like to have a spare tire especially for a long trip. I wonder if the jack and spare from my wife's 300c would work in a pinch?
I believe the jack will work just fine; the spare tire will not clear the Brembo brakes on a SRT unless it has a spacer.

·
Super Moderator
13,677 Posts
With most modern steel belted radials, complete blow-outs are rare. Usually just slow leaks from nails. In all of my years driving, I have only had to stop on the road and change a tire once. All other times, I noticed low tire pressures while my car was parked in my driveway. So, I think that you can get by with the tire pump and goop for daily driving.

However, if I were planning a long cross-country trip, I would invest in a spare tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts