Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I wanted to use exactly what Kenne Bell recommended for my application which are (NGK 2309) LFR7AIX-11
The -11 part denotes supplied set @ .039
Without the -11 supplied set @ .031
Obviously all plugs will be checked to confirm accuracy of gap and adjust any variables as required.
Now Kenne Bell say set @ .035
NGK say you can re-gap these plugs max +/- .008 so either plug version can be adjusted to KB's recommendation.
I see KB used to recommend gaps as low as .025 but I assume this has changed with the use of the Iridium plugs.
I note a lot of people seem to end up adjusting to between .026 to .032
Finally the question....I am wondering if I should just install the plugs I have coming after checking they are NGK gapped @ .031 or open them up to .035?
As always opinions/advice/experience appreciated,
Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK no replies..... I have installed @ .031
Hopefully not a bad choice as I am looking forward to not having to re-gap or do a plugs change for a long time.
Phil.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
I have no knowledge :) You might tag [email protected] Bell , and see if he might have some answers for you.

A Guy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestion but Kenne Bell can be very regimented with their information and damn near impossible to get a straight answer out of at times. As I said they recommend .035. I was looking for feedback from a section of the forum that indicated that worked well or in fact that the more frequent recommendations of .030 - .032 range was a better option, not confirm KB's recommendation.
As an example I have asked 3 times what the rev limiter is set at in the tune they supply and have been told *OEM 5800 *6500 *Do not know sorry. I guess I will find out at some point if I hit it.
Also in their install instructions for the snout brace they say remove 3 OEM bolts/ install the 4 supplied bolts (and they supplied 4 bolts) show you a picture where 3 bolts go.... there is no 4th bolt hole so you stand there and scratch your head for a minute and wonder should you believe everything they write down let alone say.
I have no knowledge :) You might tag [email protected] Bell , and see if he might have some answers for you.

A Guy

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Most supercharged cars run between .028 -.032 wider cap has longer hotter spark but people talk about spark blow out. Only thing I have ever seen that done in Is a funny car / top fuel car. I am it could happen but I doubt it

What I have them set at is fine and shouldn't have any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, at least with the hemi we have two per cyl that would have to be blown out.
Most supercharged cars run between .028 -.032 wider cap has longer hotter spark but people talk about spark blow out. Only thing I have ever seen that done in Is a funny car / top fuel car. I am it could happen but I doubt it

What I have them set at is fine and shouldn't have any issues

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I run mine at .032. I had some at .028 and seen no difference FYI

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info on your experience, I think I am going to be good as gold with them @.031 and 9psi.
I run mine at .032. I had some at .028 and seen no difference FYI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts