Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 SXT and this is the first time I'm changing the plugs and wires since I bought her in Nov 2019. Im just curious on suggestions on brands that other Challenger owners recommend.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
I have a 2014 SXT and this is the first time I'm changing the plugs and wires since I bought her in Nov 2019. Im just curious on suggestions on brands that other Challenger owners recommend.
The spark plugs that come in it from the factory have a service life of 100K miles, so unless you are approaching that mileage on your car, changing the spark plugs is not really necessary.

If you do want to go ahead and change them, here's a listing of several different kinds that will work:

The factory ones will be NGK Iridium, so if you want to replace them with the same kind, that's what you'll want to get.

There are no spark plug wires on the engine, as each cylinder has its own coil mounted directly above the spark plugs and connect to the plug via a rubber boot. You can replace those coils if you want, but that will also be unnecessary unless they have gone bad.

If you still want to replace them, here is a listing of replacements that will work:

The OE CoPs (Coil on Plugs) that are on the engine are either Denso or Hitachi I believe, so if you want to replace them with the same kind, look for those brands.

NOTE: Only half of the spark plugs on that engine are easily accessible. The 3 along the right side bank of cylinders can be replaced with relatively little trouble. However, the 3 along the left side cylinder bank cannot be accessed without removing the upper intake plenum first. That makes the job more difficult, but it is still doable if one is mechanically inclined and highly motivated.

Text Font Screenshot Technology Software

1 - 2 of 2 Posts