Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've always had good luck with NGK plugs who make the stock replacements. Frankly local autoparts stores didn't carry them. You can get them from you dealer or order from Luke at Steve White Motors (supporting vendor) like I did.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Someone told me the 5.7 has two spark plugs per cylinder. Is that true?

·
Registered
698 Posts
yes two per cylinder total 16. I changed mine last year. I used whatever was in the manual. Easy to change just don't over tighten anywhere in the process. I cracked two coil packs re installing. Its really superficial where the cracks are but still bothers me that it happened….

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just put Champions on where the NGK-R's were. Replacing plugs every 25k miles is the cheapest performance mod you can make. Picked up 4MPG too.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Unless I've got mods on a motor that require a different heat range, I've found out that the factory plugs work best. A lot of "snake oil" out there.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I just put Champions on where the NGK-R's were. Replacing plugs every 25k miles is the cheapest performance mod you can make. Picked up 4MPG too.
Champions were used prior to 09, they are a tapered seat plug. What is the part# for the 09 and up Champion plugs? I would like to try them. Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Champions were used prior to 09, they are a tapered seat plug. What is the part# for the 09 and up Champion plugs? I would like to try them. Thanks.
Champion® Copper Plus - Spark Plug
Part Number: 446

$2.29 ea

UPC: 37551012244
OE Type
Gap: .044
Hex Size: 5/8"
Reach: 1.0"
Seat: Gasket
Spark Plug Tip Material: Copper Cored Nickel
Spark Plug Type: Copper Plus Automotive
Thread Diameter (mm): 14