Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

Doing my first DIY, installing SPC Upper Control Arms, Hotchkis Swaybar, Speedlogix sway links, ceramic pad swap, and KWv2 shocks. Needless to say, I've got my hands full...So far, I've got the left side torn down, with the SPC UCA in place (not tightened), the passenger side is 50% disassembled, the pads swapped, and the Hotchkis bar in place.

Questions -
  • Is there a trick to getting the rear facing UCA bolts out/in?
    • I had a hell of a time getting the drivers side out using a flexy 1/2" ratchet 2 clicks at a time, and am now fighting the passenger side
    • My passenger side nut was covered with some rubber tape covering (what's that for?) which I basically tore around the nut, and I just don't have room to get at it with the wrench.
    • All the videos I've seen make it look like a piece of cake (while not showing how the was taken out).
  • In this job, are the UCA, shock tower, sway bar, etc. all other bolts only snugged, then final torqued after the car is back on the ground?
  • Do all nuts get blue loctited?
Sorry for the dumb questions - first time and not having any luck. At this point, I'm going to take it in to have the rear end done and the Spohn links added (saw videos of people cutting out bolts and trying to get the rear spring in, and figured that I would really mess that up).

Thanks for any pointers!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Definitely want to torque everything after its on the ground, but you should head straight to an alignment shop after.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the uca’s i had mine installed by a shop

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely want to torque everything after its on the ground, but you should head straight to an alignment shop after.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the uca’s i had mine installed by a shop
Thanks - actually was finally able to get the UCA bolts out last night. Unhooked wires and zip tied out of the way to get my flex ratchet in there.

I've got everything reassembled and plan to snug up today, put wheels on and final torque.

So far probably have 8 hours into this, rounding up tools, jacking up car, figuring stuff out. Considering all the changes. I don't feel too bad about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts