Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Speaker Replacement Update 2011 Base Audio System

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  fontanachallenger 
#1 · (Edited)
Speaker replacement update:
So I've replaced all 6 of the stock factory speakers.
I put Infinity Reference 6.5" two way coaxials in the rear deck, model
6032 Si. They have 93 db sensitivity, up to 50 watts RMS per Channel.

Under the dash grill I put the 3032 cf, 3.5 " speakers, also Infinity Reference two way coaxials, 91 db sesitivity, and can do 25 watts per channel RMS.. I installed the two bass blockers that came with these speakers.

Front door 6x9s.. I replaced with Rockford Fosgate 6x9 P1694 4 ways, rated at 75 watts RMS, 91db sensitivity.
All fit with no problems.

Great clarity now in the mids and highs, and tight bass response.
Next up will be a 4 channel amp.

Attached are pics of the factory paper speakers, now all removed!
:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So you had the factory Boston 6-speaker setup, and replaced it for an Infinity setup (with way better quality speakers)? Did you need to rewire anything, or was it basically plug and play once you got the wires connected properly? I realize if you amp it you'll have to do a bit of wiring, but that's to be expected.

I just want to verify this can be done W/OUT any special wiring, i.e. to deal with the CANBUS type of setup or whatever (that's what's in my LX 06 Charger SRT8)...

Thanks for the pics and info! I've got a 392 coming and it has the basic Boston 6-spkr pkg (I didn't want to spend $1900 for 18 speakers I don't really need). So I plan to upgrade the 6 speakers to like Infinity Kappas with a 50wrms x 4 amp. I also have a spare sub/box/amp on standby and will pop that in the trunk. I think that will make a huuuuge difference and only cost me like $500. :D

#3 ·
I have the 2011 BASE audio 6 speaker set up, not the Boston Acoustics
6 speaker set up. All speakers fit..I installed the front dash and rear deak speakers. I had the door 6x9s professionally installed. The Rear deck and front door speakers take an adapter crutchfield sells to connect the speakers easily. You have to strip and and connect the front dash speakers, and there is not much slack there..so be careful.
The 6x9 speakers I had installed are Rockford Fosgate, the others were Infinity.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks BrianH. It's funny, I actually found more info and pics from your thread on "the other forum" while doing a Google search!! :D I'm trying to better understand how the factory setups are designed, esp. in the new 2012s. I'm going to make a post in General about it too.. Thanks for the info thus far!

#7 ·
For those who swapped out the 6 speaker BA....what did you swap them out for and how does it sound?

#8 ·
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT with Base Audio

I plan on upgrading my system as well the Base Audio I've been told doesn't have the factory wiring to add the amp under the steering wheel. I was planning on just using the kicker upgrade but if I need all the wiring etc. Doesnt make sense so I'm just going to use aftermarket. I thought about the Infinity Kappas but have decided JBL GT series would be just as good if not better (And Cheaper). They are both the same companies from what I've been told. Has anyone used the GT series JBL

GT0938 etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.