Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on doing a full sound system upgrade in the coming month. I been poking around the car to get a plan going. I got around to looking at the door jam to see how I was going to run speaker wire into the door and I cant seem to get the rubber boot off the molex door connect to take a look. It is the rubber boot that says "push" on each corner. How do I get this boot off to see if there is space to run speaker wire?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out and it was simple. Use a trim tool or flat head screw driver to push in on the indented part of the boot closest to the door jam.

There is a blank area that can easily have a hole drilled and speaker wire pulled through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you show where exactly to push on this thing? I was able to pull the boot loose but the plastic piece is still in. And how did you get wire through the drivers side with the emergency brake blocking everything?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you show where exactly to push on this thing? I was able to pull the boot loose but the plastic piece is still in. And how did you get wire through the drivers side with the emergency brake blocking everything?
Just depress the plastic piece to release it.

I used a flash light and pointed the light through the door hole. You will see where to pull your cable through. Route them as needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts