Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

The speakers in my car just all the sudden all go silent and then come back on when driving. The duration and timing is variable when they cut off/come back on. I know I've seen a thread or two about this but for the life of me, I cannot find anything using multiple search key words. Been through all 20 pages of hits and nothing.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks for the help!
-Russ

·
Registered
191 Posts
Stupid question: are you listening to satellite radio when it happens?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid question: are you listening to satellite radio when it happens?
It happens using Satellite radio and only when driving. I've used the ipod link in it when I'm tooling around on the car in the garage and it doesn't seem to cut out then. I never even thought about that.
Thanks for the help, itzrick & SRT8NH! I'm going to Google it as itzrick suggested and see what I can come up with.
I'd rather not take it to the local dealer here if I can help it. They overcharge in the extreme and they've managed to screw up even routine things on other cars I've taken to them.
Thanks,
-Russ

·
Registered
653 Posts
It happens using Satellite radio and only when driving. I've used the ipod link in it when I'm tooling around on the car in the garage and it doesn't seem to cut out then. I never even thought about that.
Thanks for the help, itzrick & SRT8NH! I'm going to Google it as itzrick suggested and see what I can come up with.
I'd rather not take it to the local dealer here if I can help it. They overcharge in the extreme and they've managed to screw up even routine things on other cars I've taken to them.
Thanks,
-Russ
It's definitely the sat. I've noticed in the past year in my current car that Sirius cuts out more and more at random. Not going under a bridge or anything but just loses signal for about 10 mins. I don't really think there's anything you can do about it, it's more likely a network problem than a receiver one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks,
-Russ
STR8Trippin - I asked if it was when you were using satellite because the problem lies with Sirius not your car. There's nothing you can do about it. Satellite signals are subject to interferance on its way down from 22,000miles above your car's antenna.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the insight guys. This is the first car I've had with satellite radio so this is all new to me. Again, thanks for the help and support. :)
-Russ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look next time it happens and it should say aquiring signal on the screen.
Will do.........I work out of state 3 weeks on/3 weeks off and I just started a few days ago. Already miss the car. I'll check that as soon as I get back. Man, I wish I had a fast forward button sometimes.
Thanks for the help!
-Russ

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
It happens to all of us. Aside from the obvious cut out while in tunnels and under bridges, it will also happen randomly in otherwise clear areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts