Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my Challenger for Exchange New Car Sales, the military car program for service members stationed overseas back in October. I was originally told I had a guarnetted delivery date to port of 2/2, but it is now the 18th and it has yet to arrive. Fortunatly ENCS has a guarnette saying they will compensate me $150 a week for every week it is late past the delivery date, but my car is now showing this "Special Authority to Move" status, with no ETA for delivery. Does anyone has any info on this?

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=2B3CJ4DG9BH509903&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I will put my 02 cents in on this. Since the car is no longer in Canada, but in the U.S., the car is probably waiting on transport which probably won't happen until enough cars are available. Since your overseas and I don't know if the car is going to be sent overseas to you, its also possible they are waiting for export papers on it. Thats just my guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will put my 02 cents in on this. Since the car is no longer in Canada, but in the U.S., the car is probably waiting on transport which probably won't happen until enough cars are available. Since your overseas and I don't know if the car is going to be sent overseas to you, its also possible they are waiting for export papers on it. Thats just my guess.

Hopefully it is something minor like that. I don't think it is export paperwork though, because none of that happens until it goes to the actual port in Baltimore. It has just been frustrating because it was supposed to be at port on 2/2. I emailed my dealer as well, but was just hoping that maybe someone on the forums had an answer.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think it means that the shipping/rail company can decide when to ship the car. I also think they try to fill a railcar with cars going to same area. After mine had been posted as "Special Authority to Move" for the last time, it took a week for it to arrive at the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts