Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this thread to help ease the minds of those who are in this status. I've been tracking the first 392 I ordered and it hit Special Authority to Move yesterday, I got worried that it would never move but today it's "Released From Industry". Vehicle Shipment Status and History
On another note, the one I am actually buying has been in D for over a month and have heard others that ordered at the beginning of this month already hit D1, and yes, mine's a sold order. Dealer recommended I call Chrysler and ask them to "Put a rush on it", so I got the Brampton number and plan on calling Monday... Anyone heard of this actually happening? He said that once the customer calls them they will call him to confirm they did it.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Never heard of anyone actually calling and getting a rush put on it. My bet is it won't do any good, but worth a try I reckon.

How long ago did you order the first one?

Mike

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of anyone actually calling and getting a rush put on it. My bet is it won't do any good, but worth a try I reckon.

How long ago did you order the first one?

Mike
That was order November 9th. I couldn't have him edit the order because it had been built already. He did a stripe delete by accident, I wanted the Gray stripe. He also failed to inform me that 730N was available, and I had asked him to let me know if more options were available. Never actually thought to check RS's information thread.
I think that if this whole rush thing is a scam that I'll call Bob Frederick to see if he already has one with my options already allocated, but I hope that this one will start to pick up some speed.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thought I'd start this thread to help ease the minds of those who are in this status. I've been tracking the first 392 I ordered and it hit Special Authority to Move yesterday, I got worried that it would never move but today it's "Released From Industry". Vehicle Shipment Status and History
On another note, the one I am actually buying has been in D for over a month and have heard others that ordered at the beginning of this month already hit D1, and yes, mine's a sold order. Dealer recommended I call Chrysler and ask them to "Put a rush on it", so I got the Brampton number and plan on calling Monday... Anyone heard of this actually happening? He said that once the customer calls them they will call him to confirm they did it.
I called Dodge and complained after the first two IEs hit Ebay. They told me there was nothing they could do with my order.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. That's what I was pretty sure of. I want to try anyway so that if enough people call they'll tell someone and maybe something positive will happen for everyone. Probably not though. I'm definitely going to give Bob a call on Tuesday. Thanks

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah calling them will not do anything upgrayedd is correct. After the entire ordering of my present 09 I am expecting about the same turn around. It seems the timing will be about right for my deployment back home so for me it all works out. Will see I just hit D1 on the 18th.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
All they told me to do was contact my dealer which I did and they forwarded up their contacts which never netted a reply for me or even the sales manager.

I'm guessing if it's possible Bob should have a far better chance to getting anything going. Good luck! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts