Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything to be aware of associated with stripe care? My Dad has a Blacktop packaged R/T so I am just curious if there is anything to be cautious of. He also has clear bra and I am familiar with some of the nuances of dealing with that so I'm curious if handling the stripes is similar?

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
If they are flat black Do Not Wax Them. They will turn gray and you will have to sit there scrubbing them back to normal

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
15,059 Posts
Use a vinyl protectant product - the matte finish material would load up with any waxes and look gray or chalky.

·
Registered
674 Posts
:deadhorse:

Search this Forum, KEAN posted a lengthy post about it, for the record it depends on the the product you are using. I have clayed, polished, sealed and waxed my stripes and they look better than the day car was delivered 2.5yrs ago :) i use all Adams Polishes products.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I use detail spray only on mine. (The final mist polish step)
Anything that needs to be buffed of runs the risk of ruining them...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I've used Plexus previously on clear bra but skip it now in favor of Zaino Z6; I think I'll just buy my dad a bottle of that stuff and tell him to polish around the stripes if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts