Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Yellow Jacket 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

So, I've scoured the interwebs, but just can't seem to find an answer. Has anyone here personally heard the difference between Flowmaster Super 40's and Borla (ATAK or S Type)?

Reason I ask is that I currently have a '12 SRT that came with a Flowmaster setup. After some digging, it appears to be Super 40's on it. Well, it's just not doing it for me, and I'd like to go with Borla. I'm leaning towards the S-Type, but I'm worried it may be too close to the Flowmasters I have. There are some great videos out there, but they just aren't the same as hearing it in real life. Has anyone heard both and care to comment? My fallback will be ATAK if they are too similar.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2010 R/T
28 Posts
I haven't had the opportunity to hear the difference between the Super 40's and Borla S-Type in person, so I can't give a real comparison there. However, I have a Borla S-Type full catback setup on my '10 RT and I'll have to say the exhaust tone is truly one of a kind. If I would have to guess, the S-Type would be similar in loudness to the Super 40's. Keep in mind the S-Type full catback has an X-Pipe ;) If you're looking to get even louder, go with the ATAK...it's a bit pricey, but if quality and loudness is what you are chasing, you will get it with the ATAK.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,205 Posts
Billy Boat is what I hope to try next.

Have the corsa/mopar system now way to quiet for us.

2014 SRT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had the opportunity to hear the difference between the Super 40's and Borla S-Type in person, so I can't give a real comparison there. However, I have a Borla S-Type full catback setup on my '10 RT and I'll have to say the exhaust tone is truly one of a kind. If I would have to guess, the S-Type would be similar in loudness to the Super 40's. Keep in mind the S-Type full catback has an X-Pipe ;) If you're looking to get even louder, go with the ATAK...it's a bit pricey, but if quality and loudness is what you are chasing, you will get it with the ATAK.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up pulling the trigger on ATAK. After watching a bunch of additional videos, I really was worried that the Flowmaster and Borla S Type would be too similar given the price tag. If I didn't already have the Flowmasters, I'd totally do it. Just figured if I'm paying that much, I may as well go all out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, just got the ATAKs installed, and absolutely love them. No more loud than the Flowmasters at idle or if I'm trying to be stealthy, but start up and anytime I get on it, they are insane. Glad I didn't go with the S-Type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts