Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im replacing my lower intake mani, so this means the upper intake is coming off and i want to replace with full copper plugs. after doing some research and choosing my car and model on websites 2 different reaches come up .750 and 1.0, does it matter at all or does a longer reach create potential for damage from it sticking in their to far or maybe benefits from having more fuel and air around it to combust?

·
Registered
212 Posts
the stock reach is 3/4", they also have an extremely long tip (xtra projected).While I don't think you'd have clearance issues with the 1" reach,I personally wouldn't want 1/4" of threads sticking out into the combustion chamber. The stock plugs are also a special length, they're longer than any normal plugs. If you go with a JIS or ISO length your going to have to stretch the spring in the boot to make sure its making contact. Call NGK they'll give you a lot of good advice on our plugs and replacements. anyway here's a pic of some of the plugs I used

stock plug on left, JIS length in center, ISO length on right

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts