Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since some of us are waiting for the gouge to subside. I wonder what the 2016 refesh will be, in order of likelihood? Any leakage RS, Rayzazoo, SRTGeek?

1. New colors
2. Stripes or different emblems
3. More aggresive hood/intake
4. More traditional looking wheels.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Since some of us are waiting for the gouge to subside. I wonder what the 2016 refesh will be, in order of likelihood? Any leakage RS, Rayzazoo, SRTGeek?

1. New colors
2. Stripes or different emblems
3. More aggresive hood/intake
4. More traditional looking wheels.
More traditional looking wheels would be a big plus to me. Given the current frenzy, waiting to see the 2016's keeps looking more and more attractive.

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Really the only improvements I could see are:

-new colors
-Fuel saver mode (this is a long stretch though)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,046 Posts
we need some new colors or at least some Oranges, purples, yellows in 2016!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ditto on the '15 wheels (yuck.) As I've said before, that Hellcat is faster than lightening, but she "ain't" to much to look at !!!!!

If I actually were actively seeking one at this time, the wheel offering themselves, would be a "deal breaker," in and of itself. For the kind of money we're talking, my next car has to look as good as it runs - I will not spend my $$ simply for a car that sports 707 HP !! The near-500HP I have under the hood now is quite sufficient in providing a high-performance driving experience !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
we need some new colors or at least some Oranges, purples, yellows in 2016!!!

Hmm orange, I like Hemi orange. So, where's the 2016 Challenger thread. Viper did an orange... and it was track focused.

They're going to learn a lot from the Hellcat on and off the track just like Viper did back in 2013.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,046 Posts
Hmm orange, like Hemi orange. So, where's the 2016 Challenger thread. Viper did an orange... and it was track focused.

They're going to learn a lot from the Hellcat on and off the track just like Viper did back in 2013.

Yeah, I liked that orange too!!! I will hold out for he 2016 cars in hope that Dodge will bring us another orange, yellow or a purple....

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,084 Posts
Well, I think it's a given that the color availability will change, and I have to agree that wheel option availability will probably change as well. I just see cosmetic changes such as these or different stripe options at most. Unless there are some hidden flaws that surface which need to be addressed in the '16s, I don't see any need to change much. These cars should sell quite well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well, I think it's a given that the color availability will change, and I have to agree that wheel option availability will probably change as well. I just see cosmetic changes such as these or different stripe options at most. Unless there are some hidden flaws that surface which need to be addressed in the '16s, I don't see any need to change much. These cars should sell quite well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Exactly, the only things that are likely to change are colors and stripes. Wheels are another easy source of cosmetic change to distinguish between model years, but sometimes they go more than 1 year before changing or adding other wheel choices.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Tri-color paints preferably with Hemi-Orange and sublime included!

2016 is the only year I am considering unless there is a left over 2015 in a color I could stomach that does not have a hole in the roof. I anticipate waiting until 2016, ordering how I would like it - hoping sublime is still available, but still reluctant because of the paint. If not hemi-orange or whatever car color I can stomach in a tri-color paint, probably white. I expect paint to again be the weakest point of the car but unless you are into black, white or red that is not the tor red I really like, you have to take your chances. So, 2016 for someone who refuses to be price gauged, and who really still likes his 2009 R/T - though the Magnum Stone white paint is way better than the Challenger Stone White paint and the Magnum body steel is way stronger than the Challenger.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Some of the 15 wheel choices are sorta growing on me - brass monkey and the SP Appearance wheels especially

I'm fairly certain that 16 will bring a couple of more stripes, colors, and maybe a couple of special editions, cant see much beyond some cosmetic stuff

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just want a 2015-2016 car in yellow (Detonator or Stinger) with these R/T stripes please!!! I may have to re-paint a white R/T to get what I want as Dodge seems to never make certain colors available except once every three years.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.