Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - Frostbite
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit, I'm kind of nervous about the current factory offer ending after today because I simply don't know what to expect from here on out.

Since December of 2019, I've been researching the Challenger RT and SP (WB) non-stop... I do mean non-stop.

Additionally, I've watched probably over 150 hours of Youtube content regarding how to engage a dealership and work out the best deal possible. I'm familiar with just about every sales tactic in the book and any state applicable laws that will affect my negotiations and pricing, and ultimately what I'll walk out the door with.

I got a new job back in March that significantly increased my income, so since then, I've been SERIOUSLY saving up.

At the time near the beginning of the year; I don't have any prior history of financing a car, so I got declined for just about every loan that I applied for. Around that same time frame, I had a credit score of about 738 and about $1,000 in savings.

I've now reached a credit score of 779, and since not having prior financing history is going to adversely affect my capability of getting accepted for loan offers, I set a lofty goal for a down-payment of roughly 25% of the general purchase price will be. I'm happy to report that at the end of September, I will have reached that number and will be grinding away at hunting for the car that's right for me. I'm very proud of myself as this is the first time I've super committed to a high financial goal. I don't have a lot of debt in life (practically none), and I've played life very safe. Just once, I'm looking to finally treat myself to something I feel I deserve for my efforts

With all of that said, does anyone have any information or predictions about what we'll be seeing going into the final quarter? I have three important time frames currently in my head:

1. New quarter incentives purportedly begin somewhere in September.
2. Can't remember specifically, but quite a few people have quoted the order banks for the 2021's opening early October (I'm praying for Yellowjacket returning, otherwise I'm sticking with 2020s).
3. Lastly, considering how Coronavirus has affected the world around us, AND new incentives being offered, AND the 2021s being available for sale; I'm immensely curious what my end-of-year deal prospects could potentially be if I decided to wait that long.

No matter what, I'm planning on waiting to pull ANY trigger until AFTER the 2021 orders are available so I can get a really good idea of how low these 2020 prices are gonna get. Otherwise, could I see anything further than that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 SP WB last week. They seem to be flying off the shelves. I called on 6 or 7 cars that were pretty much sold off the truck. I finally found one 600 miles away and gave a deposit over the phone. Do not let anyone locate one for you. The dealers will not trade them away because they know they can make money on them. The WB’s all seem to be being built now and delivered. I was told by more than a few dealers that the 2020 orders are still being fulfilled and will be built out before any 2021 production can begin. Good luck finding one. I used a combination of the Dodge website, cars.com and KBB.com to find mine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - Frostbite
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this is just complete conjecture, but is there any reason to believe that Dodge would push out new factory incentives for the remaining year (or December/Christmas) after 9/30 for 2020's, or would it be fair to assume that this Power Dollars deal is pretty much it?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,181 Posts
Based on low inventory levels as is....I highly doubt FCA will bump up incentives that much on 2020’s. If they did......it would be to try to play catch up with the YTD / year end sales goals due to plant shut downs and the Corona virus.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
It's valid through September at least

In CA at least, you can get other incentives on SXTs and GTs currently

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts