Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my SRT8 I said holy smokes this car HAULS A*#. After a while I became used to the speed and power so I decided to drop in a K&N CAI system and I noticed even a bit more pep that put a smile on my face. Soon after I installed a Mangnaflow Cat-Back Competition Exhaust System that put yet another smile on my face in terms of sound and performance. Pushing for even greater performance, last week I installed a Diablo Predator which maximized my previous improvements and I again said, WoW. However, I know soon enough I will be chasing for even more power and speed. I know I have only made very minior modifications, but does it ever end …I suppose not. Perhaps, it part of the fun of owning a Challenger.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Exactly right. Speed is addictive, and once you've got the bug...

You could be driving an 8 second 1/4 mile drag car, and after a while, it'd start to feel slow to you. Just the way it goes.
The way around it is to drive a slower car for a while. Then get back in the Challenger and it'll feel screamin fast again. :)

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
It probably only stops when you run out of money.

Then you get more money and you keep going.

If you never run out of money, well.....you suck! lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, and they just don't make crack as good as they used to either. Luckily my dealer says this new stuff should totally work. :weed:

Really though, if cost is a concern, a really easy way to combat that is to write down what you want and the date. If a month goes by and you still feel the same way you probably won't regret getting it. On these, there is also diminishing returns as well. Especially if you aren't going to race it, you will see significantly less 'enjoyment per dollar' as you go along. Of course, if you are going to race it you gotta spend the dough to put on a show! :pimp:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Back in the day, I had a '69 Dodge with the 440 Six Pack. It felt fast, the clocks at the drags said it was fast, and my friends said it was fast, but it felt a bit slow after a while. The problem with any supercar is that they are only fast until you get used to them, then you need another modification to bring the performance back to the edge. It is addictive, so plan on modifications until you run out of money.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Yep there is "objective" speed and "perceived" speed
How come a car "feels" faster right after a full on wash, wax, and detail? I dunno
How come riding in a pickup feels slower than in a car at the same speed?
So is speed or even power a matter of perception...yep.
Is a V6 challenger fast/powerful enough? for many owners yes.
Is a HEMI V8 Challenger fast/powerful enough? for many owners apparently not
That we enjoy getting the most out of our cars is what's important.
Taking your son or gradson with you in "the challenger" for a treat, or going to the track, or just time spent tinkering under the hood is what makes these things special.
Geez I think I'm gonna go make a challenger themed Hallmark card

1 - 9 of 9 Posts