Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed the Sec10 throttle enhancer for my RT5.7 shaker. I also downloaded the sec 10 app which you can change all the modes as far as +10 and -10. When I first drove it I tried sport mode all the way up from 0 to 10 and in performance mode from 0 to 10. I noticed a little bit of a difference but not very much. And then after driving it the next day in performance mode +10 the throttle was so sensitive I couldn’t even drive it so I lowered it. Then I put it back to 10 and tried it again and nothing changed it felt like I was driving a stock car. So I decided to try track mode which they say shouldn’t even drive it on the street. I had it set to track mode and +10 I was driving it down residential streets and it felt like it wasn’t even on. And then sometimes it kicks in. All in all it feels like it really doesn’t change much or it’s just not working. Have any of you guys had any experience with this model throttle enhancer. I couldn’t afford the pedal commander. Thanks for any help I appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Does it look like this?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
I almost considered one of these but now after a lot of reading it seems these type of things can just randomly act up and the cars go into a limp mode...
That would not be fun going down an hwy and then your about getting rear ended .... Seems several brands are plagued with the random issues so
guess this is just not worth trying....

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I think that most of the issues related to the Pedal Commander are caused by 3 things:

1. Not installed per directions (can cause check engine light)
2. Switching modes while moving (you should be completely stopped when switching modes!)
3. Loose physical connection (plug not pushed in until it 'clicks')

I'd say that #1 and #2 are probably the most common causes of issues.

I've had mine installed for almost a year now and haven't had a single issue - and the difference is dramatic (depending on the mode, obviously).

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I use the pedal commander on my Tacoma....really helped.

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I have the Pedal Commander on my 2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 and it works just fine. I've changed modes while in motion using the app and it all ways goes to the mode selected. I didn't know I was supposed to be motionless while changing modes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I appreciate it. 👍🏻I’ll let you know if things go. Getting a replacement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts