Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on today all painted….man I like the looks and the view from inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
....man I like the looks and the view from inside.
DO NOT TEASE US with a comment like that and no pictures from the inside!!!:bash:

I love that style hood!

Reactions: Dragongunner

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO NOT TEASE US with a comment like that and no pictures from the inside!!!:bash:

I love that style hood!

Should I put in black….HEMI or MOPAR in 3" size on sides of scoop? RT fender stripes…lost some to new hood….should I buy another set and put the hash stripe across the hood….friends say to do it….?

Attachments

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Should I put in black….HEMI or MOPAR in 3" size on sides of scoop? RT fender stripes…lost some to new hood….should I buy another set and put the hash stripe across the hood….friends say to do it….?
Personally, none of the above. The hash marks wouldn’t align with anything, and you already have bold vinyl on your quarterpanels.

Sometimes less is more, and that scoop make a bold statement all by itself.

(Love the view from the inside!)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would remove the R/T stripes from the fenders. If you wan the long R/T stripes that go down the side, remove the billboards first.

LOL….got over 400.00 in Billboards, they ain't coming off for stripes!! Thanks for the input though.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
978 Posts
Beautiful! That is my favorite hood (stock or aftermarket) for a modern Challenger.

Personally I’d remove the hash stripes. Definitely wouldn’t extend them onto the hood if I understood your thought correctly.

I could see adding small black lettering to the side of the scoop if the hash stripes were removed, but it might look kinda cheesy. Hard to be sure without actually seeing the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Makes the car look mean for sure. I'm a no stripe/badge guy...and I think it looks awesome as is. I'd also remove the slashes, but that's just me. Congrats, looks awesome :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input….after I put the billboards on couple years ago I was going to take the hash striping off, but was talked out of it, and it did go with the hood and its scoops (stock). I'm now thinking I want them off again, and put something on sides of scoops….heres a pic of what I seen others do….and some year having the entire scoop wrapped in black is always going to be a option too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,142 Posts
LOL….got over 400.00 in Billboards, they ain't coming off for stripes!! Thanks for the input though.
Great call! :thumbsup:

Those billboard stripes are some of the nicest looking stripes that they make for our cars! They look especially good on your Orange!

Your hood turned out Great too!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black wrap on the actual scoop might look good and tie the billboards in back into the front. If that makes any sense.

Here's without the R/T stripes:

I just took those hash stripes off this morning….left the RT on for now and think it looks better also. Friend who had told me to keep them and add onto the hood saw it and said…."hey….that looks better without them"…..LOL.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just put HEMI on scoop

Attachments

Reactions: Speedlogix

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts