Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about people who have had good experiences and terrible experiences with Speedlogix. I have used them once and didn't have any issues. However, I was appalled by the email I received in my inbox. I would expect this type of behavior from cheap Chinese suppliers on Amazon and not one of our vendors. Paying people for five star reviews is pretty disappointing.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
I got the same email and quickly deleted it for same reasons.

I’m not defending them but at same time I’m glad they exist in the Mopar community. Like many I’ve had both good and bad experience but sometimes they are the only option.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
IMO, offering to pay for a positive review creates a very bad impression.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Probably because lazy people like me don't do reviews.
While I agree with the others to some extent, I think we all have to agree with this. A very high % of people never go to a company and give them a GOOD review. I have used many companies, loved many restaurants, etc, but I usually never leave a review. A lot of times we as humans just expect to have the absolute best experience every time (this really goes for restaurants), however when is it people really have the urge to pull up a google review and leave a comment?

Usually when it's a bad experience.

Now usually local restaurants I will support and leave a good review, but like Rank said, most people don't do reviews. That is until they feel wronged in some way and then instantly leave a 1 star.

I mean yes, most companies send out the surveys asking for a review, but we 9/10 ignore that too. Now this, this honestly is smart. Very smart. We know they have a TON of parts for our car. Little things, big things, etc. They are essentially just giving you a thank you for shopping coupon for your next purchase. Has anyone gotten that on your fast food receipt? Free burger if you take this survey, 20% off your order next time. It's bringing customers back to spend MORE money on their stuff, and also getting a review out of their customers. They even say at the bottom if you don't think it's 5 *, then they want to hear about it. More than often, people go straight to 1 starring a company, when all they needed to do was contact them and they could have replaced it, free shipping and returns for their mistake.

I also see on amazon so many "edited" reviews that are now 5 stars saying how their product was bad and they don't recommend. Then show the Edit: WOW customer service went above and beyond. Sent me a new one right away, 5 stars! A++++! lol

So I disagree this looks bad. We see this all the time from many places. It's not like they are paying you cash. They are giving you a gift card...guess what you can only do with that gift card? Go back to THEIR store and buy more things! Honestly it's brilliant and really there is no harm in that in my opinion.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts
I don't have a problem with companies paying for reviews, or compensating free products for reviews. What I DO have a problem with though is companies paying for ONLY 5 STAR reviews. That is both shady and un-ethical.

If a company believes in their product, they shouldn't have to buy good reviews. I just got the same email for a couple wheel spacers I just bought. The line about contacting them if its not 5 star is fine, but the incentive needs to be changed to just a review, regardless of how many stars.

Reactions: Janson

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Got the same mail , agreed with Rod446 ^^

·
Registered
2 Posts
What we have here is Google working with their paid sponsors to help promote their business while boosting Google's presence as a major online search engine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
In the car business it's often called "Managing the Survey", which is severely frowned upon by the manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I followed their instructions, but no box popped up on the right. Oh well, maybe Google blocked it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It seems pretty simple and doesn't really sound like the moral hand ringing that most of you seem to be having. If you liked their service, that is, you ordered it, it go to you pretty quickly and it was what you wanted, post a positive. If you didn't get any of the previous things, wasn't worth 5 stars contact them. So they can improve. That's how things improve, if the engine is not at full power, we find out why.

Lets not over complicate this.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Yeah, I’m not sure it’s all that shady. As mentioned above, the fact is is that people with positive experiences are simply less inclined to leave a review. People with negative reviews are always quick to leave one. Giving a little incentive for the rarer good review isn’t all that bad. I mean, who’s going to present a fake opinion just for $10 anyways? And if you really hated the site, $10 shouldn’t entice you to come back anyways.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Vendor
5,695 Posts
Hey everyone! Since there is a thread (and no emails back to me about these concerns) I figured I should respond here to clarify the email intended to convey. My intentions are very much what @Cntrollerfanboy stated.

If you had a great experience and think we deserve a 5-star review, I want to thank you for your time in leaving us a review. We as a society are wuick to voice our gripes and very slow to compliment, if ever. If you want to leave us a 2-star or 4-star review, or whatever you feel inclined to do, that is fine - whatever we deserve is what I want to see. If we need to improve, please tell me. If we're doing well, please tell me. I have dedicated this company to our Challenger community since 2008 when I got my first Challenger. I am now on my 7th Challenger and truly love the vehicle and our community. This past year has been interesting for us all, to say the least, and Speedlogix has gone through quite a few changes, and is still going strong. The only way to continue to thrive is to keep a strong connection with you, our customers, and to know how we are doing in your eyes is the best place to start.

I gave a $10 gift card to a 3-star reviewer yesterday because their review was factual and helpful, so we aren't seeking to pay for 5-star reviews. It's natural to want to earn 5-star reviews by our products and service, so that is what I am seeking to do. EARN them. :)

Thanks,
Lisa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey everyone! Since there is a thread (and no emails back to me about these concerns) I figured I should respond here to clarify the email intended to convey. My intentions are very much what @Cntrollerfanboy stated.

If you had a great experience and think we deserve a 5-star review, I want to thank you for your time in leaving us a review. We as a society are wuick to voice our gripes and very slow to compliment, if ever. If you want to leave us a 2-star or 4-star review, or whatever you feel inclined to do, that is fine - whatever we deserve is what I want to see. If we need to improve, please tell me. If we're doing well, please tell me. I have dedicated this company to our Challenger community since 2008 when I got my first Challenger. I am now on my 7th Challenger and truly love the vehicle and our community. This past year has been interesting for us all, to say the least, and Speedlogix has gone through quite a few changes, and is still going strong. The only way to continue to thrive is to keep a strong connection with you, our customers, and to know how we are doing in your eyes is the best place to start.

I gave a $10 gift card to a 3-star reviewer yesterday because their review was factual and helpful, so we aren't seeking to pay for 5-star reviews. It's natural to want to earn 5-star reviews by our products and service, so that is what I am seeking to do. EARN them. :)

Thanks,
Lisa.
Well said @Speedlogix. I personally have not yet bought anything from your store since I just got my first Challenger. But I already have a list full of stuff ready to buy when I take it back out after winter! :) Only reason I found your site was from the forum and searching for good vendors, and not just good, but respected by the community. From what I could tell is you guys were one of them and had a lot of great parts I was looking to get. Reviews were good and prices seemed fair. So I didn't need to look much further.

Thanks for helping out the community and keep doing what you're doing!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I got the email. I didn't take it that way at all. All businesses nowadays are looking for good reviews. There are companies that make money scrubbing, and improving review scores.

offering an incentive for somone to write a good review rather than do nothing, is perfectly fine.

If your integrity is for sale for $10 shame on you, not them. And thats not what they asked for.

And we all should say...

Thanks for sponsoring this site

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts

Thanks,
Lisa.
Good response, I take back what I said now. There are a couple things I'm going to need to get from you guys so I will be back

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
874 Posts
I also received the email. Gotta say that it didn't hit me "right." It wouldn't stop me from buying from Speedlogix again though.

I understand that online reviews are HUGE in the retail business. Beyond encouraging future shoppers to buy with confidence, they also affect how high Speedlogix shows up in a Google search. And that's important because very few people search past the first page of search results.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks,
Lisa.
Lisa,

The part that was upsetting is that the email asked for a 5 star review in return for a store credit. I completely understand the need to get customers to leave reviews. I am a Director at a national data center and am frequently trying different ways to get our customers to do reviews regarding how our team performs (when things arent going wrong which is 90% of the time). It is challenging and I am empathetic in that regard. However, when asking for a perfect review in exchange for something gives a bad impression. Based on the replies to this thread there was a mixed reaction. Some people wont see an issue with it but some people it will.

I have always said and believe that perception is reality. Seeing an email like that can make people have doubt that the reviews are genuine. It gives the "appearance" that you are looking for perfect reviews instead of helpful reviews. If I had not seen your post then I would not have known that you credited people for anything lower than a 5 star review. I've got nothing against your business. I've done business with you and not had any issues in the past. I also appreciate the fact that you have a business that is dedicated to our cars.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Maybe a better way would be to offer "random rewards" for any review. It would encourage people to leave reviews without specifically rewarding just the "good" reviews. Maybe 1 review out of 5 (or 1 our of 10 - or whatever) would be randomly selected to get a $5 or $10 store credit (or whatever it is). This way you encourage reviews without what seems like "paying for good reviews"....

Just thinking out loud....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts