Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well getting a few things for the new car coming and bought one off Evilbay, figured I'd save a few bucks.

Well got it yesterday and it appears to have a melted spot on one connector, should I worry about it, and is there a way to test it before I install it?

Regards,
Jim
Finger Hand Electronics Technology Electronic device
Power plugs and sockets Electrical connector Technology Electronic device Electronics

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It looks fine to me. The prong on the pig tail is down in there. U could try to round it off a little if u like it I would say it will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would send the manufacturer/supplier the same pictures that you sent us and ask them if it’s OK. It seems that they should replace it free of charge if it’s not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I would send the manufacturer/supplier the same pictures that you sent us and ask them if it’s OK. It seems that they should replace it free of charge if it’s not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Depends on how they handle 3rd party sales ( ebay). I know a few parts makers ( JW Speaker etc.. ) that assume no responsibility, if the part is not sold from an authorized retailer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Al
We offer free shipping on our Speedlogix skip shift, the cost is $19.88 for the actual part. We have not seen this before on any of our skip shifts.

- Alexis
Hi,

The seller on eBay says he bought it new and never used it, came in a rewrapped package that appears to have come from your company. Also came with your instruction sheet.

Is there a voltage or ohms test the unit, I'm not that concerned about the defect on the connector just want to make sure it won't cause issues or damage anything electrical.

My guess is maybe he tried to install or did and removed it with hot exhaust and the connector touched something hot.

Regards,
Jim

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
We offer free shipping on our Speedlogix skip shift, the cost is $19.88 for the actual part. We have not seen this before on any of our skip shifts.

- Alexis
I bought mine here as it was a very fair price and supports a vendor.

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
220 Posts
Hi all,

Well got it yesterday and it appears to have a melted spot on one connector, should I worry about it, and is there a way to test it before I install it?
Should work perfectly fine, nothing electrical effected

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Ohm it out, should see resistance (250 ohm I believe) or infinity

A Guy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all, for the opinions, figured it won't cause a issue, I can validate the ohms will make me feel better as always worried about hooking something up to a new car.

And I will most likely be ordering a few things from Speedlogix, strut braces, Hellcat air box, so no worries about supporting them...

Regards,
Jim

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
Jim,

You should have no issues with installing it as others have stated :). As long as it plugs in securely you should be all set. Feel free to send us a PM or give us a call 561-687-3712 if you run into any issues.

- Alexis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts