Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help my 2015 challenger speedometer has three line and my steering wheel is getting hard to turn I have no idea what to do plzzz help!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the instrument cluster display might be bad. As for hard steering...do you have an option to set steering comfort level through the headunit? Or it could be that the electric power steering rack is not working an requires replacement.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
Any scrapping/crunching noise from the wheel while turning?

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
...Or it could be that the electric power steering rack is not working an requires replacement.
Look up what is showing on your dash in the owners manual, I bet it is something like mentioned here ^

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s 6... I’m having the same problem as of a few minutes ago and why I came across this thread. Same exact issue with my ‘15 sxt. Hard to turn steering wheel, the three dashes/speedometer not working, and engine light on. 🙁

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
It’s 6... I’m having the same problem as of a few minutes ago and why I came across this thread. Same exact issue with my ‘15 sxt. Hard to turn steering wheel, the three dashes/speedometer not working, and engine light on. 🙁
Take a picture please. And best bet, get your car scanned for codes. You can probably borrow a scanner from a local parts store if you can't drive it there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a picture please. And best bet, get your car scanned for codes. You can probably borrow a scanner from a local parts store if you can't drive it there.
Both the digital and the other quit working.

Here’s a couple things others on fb have told me to look into. Not sure where to start other than seeing if maybe Advanced could scan it. I can still drive its just hard to turn. I did set the power steering back to sport in the head unit. I don’t think I can tell the difference any though.

This is the code I got and what I found on the internet. U1412 - Implausible Vehicle Speed Signal Received

·
Super Moderator
16,627 Posts
one of the front ABS wheel speed sensors - no signal.

that would explain the traction control / ESP / Brakeassyst error lights

there can also be a fault with the electric power steering (high effort) you mention as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
one of the front ABS wheel speed sensors - no signal.

that would explain the traction control / ESP / Brakeassyst error lights

there can also be a fault with the electric power steering (high effort) you mention as well
So today I went for my appointment at the dodge dealership and this is what they’re saying needs fixed. I do have both left and right speed sensor failure but they want me to start with the ABS control module that’s not working correctly I think they said. After talking with others I was referred to RockAuto.com for my parts and gonna look into doing most of the fixes myself and let them do the reprogramming and dealing with the codes.
4EA90F07-0CD7-4444-A9E1-B0C053A28255.jpeg
74BE5940-E340-42A2-BCC1-031F77E5F801.jpeg
04859949-C00B-41E4-A26F-2BCD60E160D2.jpeg
A824C27D-3FE0-4E0D-AE3E-7BD2DBBBC904.jpeg
799E3FCE-0E9B-499C-A05A-9C8191E8A582.jpeg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
FYI there is software called AlfaOBD that can reinitialize ABS module and a whole lot more. Free version can read codes off of every module, pay $50 version lets you do active diagnostics and programming of the BCM. Needs an OBD interface like OBDlink MX+ which is finally back down to a decent price on amazon...it was going for $120 for a while.

Oh and if you need an FSM...check out the online chilton link

And lastly, rockauto does not alway highlight the correct part so I use Steve White catalog. They are a CT vendor and have a discount code CHA1.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
FYI there is software called AlfaOBD that can reinitialize ABS module and a whole lot more. Free version can read codes off of every module, pay $50 version lets you do active diagnostics and programming of the BCM. Needs an OBD interface like OBDlink MX+ which is finally back down to a decent price on amazon...it was going for $120 for a while.

Oh and if you need an FSM...check out the online chilton link

And lastly, rockauto does not alway highlight the correct part so I use Steve White catalog. They are a CT vendor and have a discount code CHA1.
I strongly agree, AlfaOBD saved my butt on a 2012 Grand Cherokee I got with 99K miles. Not only with codes specific to what was causing problems, but also with diagnostic tests.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Wait $239 for a rear diff fluid exchange?! Get real. The TB service is a ripoff as well. Now if they do an injector flush I have had good success with them but at $200 you can get the kit and fluid cleaner to do it yourself. Also for what they charge to do the rear brakes, I was able to get pads and rotors for all 4 wheels thru summit on my JGC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts