Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay seems we have the power to get all the vendors watching us.
What would you like to tak about today?
We got 2 more days till Christmas, then I'll be on vacation for a week or so. Our daily show will be on hold for awhile.
I think we should talk about suspension since i'm clueless about that one.
I want my car to do a wheelie like AJ's only bigger.
Help out buddy you got any videos on that in the garage?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I think you guys should take on politics and religion as they are much less divisive than blowers!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
For the time of year, what where all thankfull for has my vote. In my case health and family!!:thumbsup: That's all any of us really need.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

This would be the best suspension discussion around air bags and all :)

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
For the time of year, what where all thankfull for has my vote. In my case health and family!!:thumbsup: That's all any of us really need.
You just had to wear the 24 hat. Now we have something to get started on!

Nice looking family, BTW!

Jeff, thanks for brightening up the day!

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
Jay seems we have the power to get all the vendors watching us.
What would you like to tak about today?
We got 2 more days till Christmas, then I'll be on vacation for a week or so. Our daily show will be on hold for awhile.
I think we should talk about suspension since i'm clueless about that one.
I want my car to do a wheelie like AJ's only bigger.
Help out buddy you got any videos on that in the garage?
get some lakewood 90/10 shocks for the front and run RT shocks and springs in the back

·
Banned
7,159 Posts

This would be the best suspension discussion around air bags and all :)

Bout time you got that ugly a$$ Browns avatar off of there.

Steelers fan here, lol.

I like suspension talk, I will be updating my car when I get it. I want to go adjustable so I can 1/4 mile and road course. What is the best system out there?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
When coil overs are on the car how hard are they to adjust? Is it easy to get one way off from the others? I would like to put something like this on also, waiting till I get the new wheels and tires on to make a decision on what I get.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
get some lakewood 90/10 shocks for the front and run RT shocks and springs in the back
mike what about the springs in the front?
and i got to witness the axle snap last time, seemed like the car got wheel hop and that caused it to snap.
so will these shocks and springs get rid of that hop?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I am also curious how the different kits affect wheel hop. I have not experienced any hop since putting the Techco kit on 18 months ago with the rare exception of a couple times spinning wet tires in a corner even then it is only a couple bumps. What have you guys with Hotchkiss, Eibach, Pedders, KW, etc seen.

OTOH my car rides very low and is fairly stiff, so I'm guessing it's not the best 1320 setup.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like suspension talk, I will be updating my car when I get it. I want to go adjustable so I can 1/4 mile and road course. What is the best system out there?
what are you gonna be doing with those new SRT8 suspension parts you'll be taking off.... *wink*

I wonder if they'll bolt up to an RT (like the new mopar package available tahts based off em)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
For an SRT8, which set-up is better for the 1/4 mile, stock suspension, rear Pro Eibach lowering springs, or Pro springs at all 4 corners?

·
Banned
664 Posts
mike what about the springs in the front?
and i got to witness the axle snap last time, seemed like the car got wheel hop and that caused it to snap.
so will these shocks and springs get rid of that hop?
John, I was looking at getting the lakewood 70/30 in the front and 50/50 in the back. If I did not drive it around on the street I would go with the 90/10 and 6 cylinder springs in the front. I used the 90/10 and 50/50 combo for years on my super bee. A couple Of charger guys I know say they picked up 2/10s with the shock change, not bad for 680.00.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
what are you gonna be doing with those new SRT8 suspension parts you'll be taking off.... *wink*

I wonder if they'll bolt up to an RT (like the new mopar package available tahts based off em)
I think plenty of R/T guys have put SRT springs on, but you will have to check for sure.

Not sure when I am going to do it, might be a while. Checkbook gonna be light after buying this, and the first thing is to get my Techco to work.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i think AJ runs the rt in the rear and the se in the front also, but i want to grind the bumber on the track LOL

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Hehe, yesterday was hilarious and sure made the day go by fast.

As for suspension...I think the good recommendations are here. I put Eibach on mine for road handling so I'm no expert on drag strip suspension settings. Logic dictates that you want the least firm spring in the front for max stretch, and something in the rear that can squat. Ditch the front sway.

I've not gotten any wheel hop since I got my car back from Arrington and I've spun the tires up good driving around, going through intersections, leaving red lights, you name it. Even spinning them at the track a bit to clean them off didn't produce any hop. I have the Eibach Pro Kit (springs and shocks) installed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts