Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking to install slash guards after I lower the car using Eibach Pro Springs.
My question is: Is there a different spray pattern on the side of the car after you drop it vs. stock height?
I would think there is, being the tire/wheel is more into the wheel house opening.
Are splash guards needed after the drop?
Being my car is white, would like it to stay cleaner if I can.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It won't be much different. I'm on the Eibach pro and using RPI stealth splash guards....but I'm also on 20/10 and 20/8.5 American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels so my back tires stick out just barley. The splash guards can't cover that very well but I still like having them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've posted about this before but, I don't like the splash guards. I don't like the look of them or the fact that they aren't very well secured and they can rub the paint off, depending on if you get the mopar ones. My personal preference is to Plasti Dip the portion of the quarter panel in the rear that gets all the abuse. I maintain the integrity of the design of the car, it's cheap and easy to do, and most people wont even notice you've done anything. Since yours is white you could use the clear or the white dip, obviously I went with black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I've posted about this before but, I don't like the splash guards. I don't like the look of them or the fact that they aren't very well secured and they can rub the paint off, depending on if you get the mopar ones. My personal preference is to Plasti Dip the portion of the quarter panel in the rear that gets all the abuse. I maintain the integrity of the design of the car, it's cheap and easy to do, and most people wont even notice you've done anything. Since yours is white you could use the clear or the white dip, obviously I went with black.
I agree. I would stay away from splash guards.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You guys convinced me to take my RPI stealth splash guards off. It did rub the paint a little (touched it up) and it does look better without them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Good to know. I've got 295's on A.R. Torq Thrust M so they are pushed out to the very edge. Definitely stick out more than the old stock 255's and SRT wheels did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts