Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these on their vehicle? They don't look awful and I want to keep dirt and road debris from damaging the paint. If so, what size guard are you using and where did you buy them? Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
there's plenty of old threads on this subject. It was being beat to death about a year ago. some are black and some are colored to match your paint. Personally, I like the black ones. they seem to disappear better IMHO.

·
Registered
143 Posts
RPI stealth guard... they work okay.. not as bulky as the mopar ones.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the black mopar flaps, I like em....

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there a site to get them from, im interested in getting come as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there a site to get them from, im interested in getting come as well.
Nevermind, found them. Thanks anyway, seem like an easy install as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've got the OEM ones....simple install but your going to need a pop rivet gun for the plastic rivets. I think they look the best because their made for the car. And here in NY, flaps are a must.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the mopar black ones and they are very discreet and dont take away from the muscle look - plus they really help with the debris kicking up when you spin the **** out of your tires :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I installed the MOPAR splash guards this weekend. Install wasn't too bad, but be prepared to remove the rear wheels unless you use a different method of fastening them. A rivot gun won't fit between the rear tire and the splash guard. I bought the splash guards on eBay for $40.50 per set.

Someone on C/T told me that you can get the rivot gun for plastic rivots at Harbor Freight. I ordered one on-line. It was about $20 shipped. This includes a number of plastic rivots. Turned out that I needed one of them because I broke one that came with the splash guards. They don't give you any extras.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Installed the Mopar ones from the dealer, rear only, didn't put them on the front.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My rivet gun is a right angle type...no need to take off the tires :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
My rivet gun is a right angle type...no need to take off the tires :)
That would have been nice! Fortunately, I have the scissor jack that came with the spare tire kit, so jacking it up and removing the wheels wasn't a huge deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts