Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to do some splash guards but don’t seem to be having a lot of luck finding anything. Anyone have any recommendations? Kinda wanted to color match them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
There are a few around, try JLT Performance. Also, I thought Mopar made some, but you might want to check with Steve White Motors, they are a sponsor here. As far as color matched, haven't seen that done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright no one makes anything streamlined what I’ve found is what I’m gonna get?

·
Registered
124 Posts
You might want to check out these...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,550 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Honestly, body-colored flaps actually "stick out" more than black flaps... Most people don't want the flaps to "stick out" - they just want the functional aspect of them. If that is the case, you're actually better off going with black because they blend right in with the black tires.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
152 Posts
MOPAR guards are designed to fit your specific vehicle and are easy to install. I think WeatherTech and Huskyliner offer guards but do not know how they look/fit. If you want colored guards you will have to paint them or have them painted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, body-colored flaps actually "stick out" more than black flaps... Most people don't want the flaps to "stick out" - they just want the functional aspect of them. If that is the case, you're actually better off going with black because they blend right in with the black tires.
Thanks that’s what I was trying to do I want them to protect but I also wanted them to blend in more like an aero piece... I got the idea from a Camaro I looked at that had some little aero add one then went in the same area

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
I have the mopar ones on mine and honestly I don’t even notice them, although my car is the granite crystal and the guards are black. I think if you have a bolder color they’ll show up more. I wasn’t thrilled about having to put them on initially, but having 275 front and rear I was wiping road grime and tar off the sides of my car every day, so it was a necessity. I’m happy with the way they turned out.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I’ve also got a granite crystal and I like how the unpainted guards don’t stand out.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What year and model is yours.
I had the mopar ones on my 11 Challenger SRT and liked them. They are not overly large and blended in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the mopar ones on mine and honestly I don’t even notice them, although my car is the granite crystal and the guards are black. I think if you have a bolder color they’ll show up more. I wasn’t thrilled about having to put them on initially, but having 275 front and rear I was wiping road grime and tar off the sides of my car every day, so it was a necessity. I’m happy with the way they turned out.
Hi I also have the 275’s and live 1/4 mile down a dirt road so want these. Easy to install or best to pay the dealer? I am mechanically good but clips and rivets can be a ***** on body parts. Thank You.
Did you install them yourself? I’m ok with black/octane red. I see the ZL1 company sells slimmer ones but I always think factory stuff fits the best.Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts