Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
just wait for the black market for the blue painted '15/'16 SRT style wheels that the widebody models are shipped out to the upfit center.

Those wheels and tires (with 275s) are returned to the plant to be reused for temporary shipping purposes - the 11" wheel and 305s won't fit on the assembly plant conveyer lines, so the temporary wheels (painted blue) are used...

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
I kind of like the yellow, so where can I get these & will it fit my SXT?
they'd only fit on a SXT Plus which has the larger Scat Pack / SRT style splitter

the base SXT uses the smaller front splitter

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
just wait for the black market for the blue painted '15/'16 SRT style wheels that the widebody models are shipped out to the upfit center.

Those wheels and tires (with 275s) are returned to the plant to be reused for temporary shipping purposes - the 11" wheel and 305s won't fit on the assembly plant conveyer lines, so the temporary wheels (painted blue) are used...
Unless the design is wildly different from current offering nobody gives a damn about blue paint. Any monkey with a spray can can paint stuff.

If someone made these in black plastic, they'd easily make double whatever yellow plastic guards are selling for on eBay.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime R/T Blacktop
45 Posts
I hope he got his job back, once in the trash they are discarded.
Viewed as stealing. Also a conflict of interest. If someone wants to keep the splitters and he says NO they must be removed per Dodge then turns around and sells them for profit.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Viewed as stealing. Also a conflict of interest. If someone wants to keep the splitters and he says NO they must be removed per Dodge then turns around and sells them for profit.
And what should the verdict/penalty if the dealer fails to remove them as per Dodge?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
152 Posts
I clicked on this because I thought it was either an old April Fools job, or an early one.

I can't believe Dodge would care, unless they are planning on selling the yellow ones to people that don't like pink or something.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I think Cuda340 is just playing with us. The car in the picture is a Demon. No new Demons being produced. So this picture has been photoshopped...;):p

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
The new Chargers uses pink protectors now. Challenger is still yellow and whether they change to pink or not remains to be seen. I know Mark Trostle said he hated the protectors staying on the cars and vowed to make them a color that no one would want so dealer would remove like they should.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I saw someone like the pink protectors on the new frostbite color-they will likely never disappear. They should embrace it and sell them as an accessory.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
152 Posts
I think I am going to go buy some yellow duct tape and put it on the corners of my standard R/T spoiler (can I call it a splitter?). Cost me $1.54 and I can do everyone's on this site for pennies. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think I am going to go buy some yellow duct tape and put it on the corners of my standard R/T spoiler (can I call it a splitter?). Cost me $1.54 and I can do everyone's on this site for pennies. :)
that would probably be a better idea than these throwaways. I've seen people use the interior trim add ons for the console on the splitters. if you want some accent, you could just do something like this

I wouldn't but yeah or just have the splitters painted or something professionally

I wonder what color they will come up with next season/year. They will become collectible items like hats or something with those stickers that are left on the hat with brands that change the color each season to sell more

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
For every person that thinks leaving the guards on looks good..there are 99 people laughing at you..don't be a Dbag.
For every person that thinks driving a muscle car, there's 99 people laughing at you.

Time to go sell your car since you give a rat's ass what some other waste of oxygen thinks of you.

I'll start the bid at $1.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't care
For every person that thinks driving a muscle car, there's 99 people laughing at you.

Time to go sell your car since you give a rat's ass what some other waste of oxygen thinks of you.

I'll start the bid at $1.
Not sure how you got the idea that I give a rat's ass what other people think . especially nameless,faceless people on the internet..

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
For every person that thinks leaving the guards on looks good..there are 99 people laughing at you..don't be a Dbag.
I suspect a far greater number of people are laughing at me -- or more accurately at least disgusted with me -- for driving a Hellcat and not for leaving the protectors on the splitter. Should I then get rid of the Hellcat?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts