Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TorRed color SXT with silver hash stripes on the front fenders. My wheels are stock silver painted 18" alloys. I'm about to buy a spoiler. What color spoiler should I get? Body color (red)? Black? Or Silver?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like silver is out. :)

Hmm... still trying to decide between black or red. I might go with red. I agree that it would look like it came that way then. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of the first things I did on my silver classic was black out the spoiler. With a red challenger with silver stripes Id go body color.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I ordered the red one. So what about installation? How do the holes seal up and keep water out? The one I bought requires 5 holes to be drilled. I got it off Amazon.

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
Body color or black. Normally I'd say black without question, but with the silver stripes already being an accent color, the body color spoiler would work well, too.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I'd go flat black. Thumbs down on any sort of SXT6 badging IMO...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good call on the body colored spoiler. If you don't like it or just wanna switch it up after a while there's always PlastiDip. ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like installation is going to be quite the pain. I can't even figure out how to get the tail lights and covers removed to expose the under side of the deck lid. :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
check some of the "sequential tail light install" threads, that should get you started. My '13 SXT came with a spoiler and its only held on by two (2) bolts, one on each end and both easily accessible WITHOUT removing any lights or covers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts