Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finger Thumb Currency Gas Nickel
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wood Grey

Hey gents and ladies, I need your help big time! I’m looking for this bolt that secures the spoiler to the trunk. I can’t find it any where!!!! Does anyone know where to find this or does anyone here have some extras laying around that I can buy? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
For a?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry, for a 2016 Dodge Challenger. It’s the spoiler screw.
I think that is only available with the entire replacement spoiler assembly itself...that's one of the studs molded or secured into the bottom surface of the OEM spoiler part itself that is inserted through one of the trunk holes and is secured with a plastic wing nut I believe. Did you break one of those studs off your spoiler some how? You could probably use some high strength epoxy to glue it back into the spoiler if that's what happened. There's one stud on each end - see photo below.

Gadget Musical instrument accessory Eyewear Sports equipment Audio equipment

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Correct. Not serviced. You buy the spoiler to get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It didn’t break. I ordered a used spoiler with backup camera and arrived with only one screw. It slips out thru the side. But yeah I thought junk yard as well and see if I can find a challenger with a spoiler still attached. Dealership told me the same thing that the screw comes with the spoiler. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Are you adding this to a car that does not currently have a spoiler or are you swapping out one? If you are swapping maybe you can use one off your original.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you adding this to a car that does not currently have a spoiler or are you swapping out one? If you are swapping maybe you can use one off your original.
I have a spoiler already but it has different screws that won’t work with an oem spoiler. It’s an aftermarket that I have on right now.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It was worth a shot.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
4,225 Posts
JB Weld Epoxy, scuff the area clean with dawn and warm water dry off wipe with rubbing alcohol let dry while that is going scuff the top of the bolt with 320 or 240 sand paper clean same way then apply JB weld as per instruction mixing on package. After 24 to 48 hours should be good to go and replace that double sided tape with new 3m / Scotch 3m Brand Double Sided Tape clean prep those areas as with the other stuff mentioned minus the sanding. Get some 3m Adhesive Promoter apply to Area to where the replacement tape will be. When installing spoiler you only need to snug the Bolt not over tighten it the Tape and Pins will hold it with a snug bolt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts