Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gentleman I'm new to this gig. Need to know, when I hit this button, what does "Spirited Driving" mean too you?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
On mine stiff shock settings...………..

14 SRT8

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Well, pressing sport mode (at least on my RT) changes driver demand mode in torque management...more specifically it changes the pedal voltage vs N/Vratio (aka..rpm/wheel velocity). Basically what happens is the throttle blade opens more for less pedal travel. It also seems to change my steering into sport mode (I have 3 setting...comfort, normal and sport).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Steering tightens up, shift points change and the exhaust gurgles and pops on deceleration, sounds bad ass and is more fun to drive. 2019 Skat Pack 392.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Sport mode makes the engine more responsive. The engine Revs higher, shift points change, and at the touch of the gas pedal, it will be ready to respond. It's a fun thing just to play with.

I have an A8 transmission, but it doesn't get above 6th gear on the Hiway in Sport mode.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
depends on the car, year and transmissions.

Our car does just this:

increase the firmness of the suspension with electronically controlled suspensions

2014 SRT8 6 speed

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
'16 A8 Scat Pack. If the car is "on", I'm in Sport Mode, even on long road trips.

To me, this is "it".

·
Registered
16 Posts
mrbtd I have a 2015. I am in the process of getting the AlphaOBD software for Android and the Elm327 bluetooth adapter in an attempt to fix the sport button. I have the Z automotive Tazer. I have played with it extensively, but it wont fix my sport button. I have tried to program the buttons, but that does not work either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is a 2019 R/T. I drive it in Sport Mode all the time. It handles better, sounds better and the upshifts and downshifts are quicker. It holds the gears longer when accelerating. Best sounding exhaust in a stock, new car I have ever had.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,234 Posts
mrbtd I have a 2015. I am in the process of getting the AlphaOBD software for Android and the Elm327 bluetooth adapter in an attempt to fix the sport button. I have the Z automotive Tazer. I have played with it extensively, but it wont fix my sport button. I have tried to program the buttons, but that does not work either.
Did your sport button ever work? Have you done any software upgrades to your UConnect?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you had it and it worked before no reason reprogramming it should not work. I lost the button and then re-programmed.

if you have the 8.4' screen you can set sport mode there under driving modes ? In my 2018 I ended up with Track/Sport and Custom

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you had it and it worked before no reason reprogramming it should not work. I lost the button and then re-programmed.

if you have the 8.4' screen you can set sport mode there under driving modes ? In my 2018 I ended up with Track/Sport and Custom
Agreed that makes total sense. I do have the 8.4 with driving modes. But when I push the toggle to go to track in transmission or steering it wont stay there. Are those modes supposed to work on the RT?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sport mode makes the engine more responsive. The engine Revs higher, shift points change, and at the touch of the gas pedal, it will be ready to respond. It's a fun thing just to play with.

I have an A8 transmission, but it doesn't get above 6th gear on the Hiway in Sport mode.
You aren't going fast enough. Mine is in 8 at like 65. 7 won't come until about 55. Of course, I'm talking about it being in auto mode. If it's in manual, I can go to 8 at 50. Below that it won't let me shift to 8.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Agreed that makes total sense. I do have the 8.4 with driving modes. But when I push the toggle to go to track in transmission or steering it wont stay there. Are those modes supposed to work on the RT?
I cannot recall for sure but thinking not. . For sure suspension no because you do not have the shocks etc.. for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When im in sport mode with my 2012 rt it seems to rev up higher before shifting. And also the exhaust notes are like firecrackers when under heavy acceleration...or down shifting when in manual mode...wherr is the best place for me to post pics

1 - 20 of 33 Posts