Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I need some help

Its getting closer to the time when I have to switch my tires back to summer tires and I am on the fence between the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 and the Hankook Ventus V12.

My car is a daily driver. I dont go to the track a lot but I drive it like its meant to be driven :up_to_something: that being said I'm looking for a tire that will give me good performance and hook pretty good but still have decent tread wear.

Another thing is that I would like to run a wider tire in the rear. 245 up front and 275 in the back but i only have the stock rims. I know this is not really advised but would it be ok to do this? or should I look to just keep them all the same size.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
510 Posts
From the research I've done, the BFG looks like a better wear tire than the Ventus. My tire guys say they put the Ventus on a lot of Vettes, but they only last a little longer then the Goodyear F1's did that came on my SRT8 (had to replace them at 7800 miles).

Personally, I went with the Nitto Invo, 245/45R20 up front and 275/40R20 on the back on the stock SRT black pocket 20x9 wheels and they work just fine.

The reason I chose the Invos over the BFGs is they are not directional tires so even though you can't rotate front to rear because of the staggered sizes, you can rotate side to side.

So far, I have 10,000 miles on them and they are wearing just fine. They are supposed to be 60,000 mile tires, but with staggered setups and rotating side to side they say expect about 30,000 (less with burnouts).

I'm not absolutely sure (because I did this a year ago), but if I remember right the BFG Comp 2's were directional tires. So, in a staggered setup, you can't rotate at all (unless you dismount the tires from the rims and do it that way just in case someone says "yes you can!").

If I were to choose between the BFG and the Ventus V12, I would personally choose the BFG Comp 2's.

Hope this helps, take care.

EDIT: From your forum name it looks like you have an R/T, if you are running 20x8's or 18x7.5's, I would not recommend going to the 275's, you run the risk of bead failure. 275's need 9 inch rims.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Ventus V12 are good tires but they do not last long. Im on my second set after about 10k miles. Pretty soft rubber but they handle pretty good and can hook pretty good when they are warm. Im not sure about the BF Goodrich tires.

None of my tires have lasted long though. I think the Toyo Proxes 4 lasted the longest out of any tire i had.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
The BFGoodrich are by far better. I've heard many people state that the Ventus tires have a soft side wall. That's not a good thing you want in a high performance tire. I would either go with the BFGoodrich or check out the Cooper Zeon RS3-S's. I have these tires and they are excellent. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
724 Posts
X2 on the cooper rs3s
Put them on a couple weeks ago
Was between the cooper and the Hancook but after reading reviews on multiple forums the rs3s had better feedback

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys. I have never even heard of that Cooper tire. Looks like im going to be doing some more research :clap:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just bought a set of BFG Sport Comp 2s. I haven't installed them yet, but these sidewalls are SOLID. They feel very well-made and bulletproof. I can't wait to get them on the car and get to some autocross events. They're sure to give me a good solid, responsive steering feel.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The BFG Sport comp 2 are great tires. Wet and Dry performance, but they don't last too long. For me they lasted 14K miles, this is with 3 drag days of light burn outs. They stick well and are super quite.

·
Registered
967 Posts
my hankook ventus v12 are awesome. I've had them for 10k and they still look brand new. seem to be very good in the rain. no issues whatsoever. I drive hard!

in the snow they are terrible. I had Bridgestone blizzaks last year. No issues in snow. This year I was constantly stuck in snow. more snow then normal for this year but I thought they would be much better. I guess no all season tire would be good in the snow.

for the price v12 are hard to beat... just be prepared for snow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I've got the Hankook Evo V12 on mine now. I bought the car with 15k on it. I think the original tires were replaced because my tag said goodyear tires.

I now have 42K and my fronts are pretty much bald on the outside edge and backs got enough tread for this summers driving.

This Saturday morning, I have my newly delivered Lorenzo WL197 wheels being mounted to the new BFGoodrich g-force sport COMP-2 tires that just got delivered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts