Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this another thread, but I have Sport Mode on my 2013 R/T Classic Auto, but it will not indicate anything other than Auto or Sport when I hit the button. Is this Track Mode ONLY available on the SRT's? "Refer to "Autostick" in "Starting and Operating" for further information." tells me nothing.....

• Automatic (Auto) Mode — This is the initial position. This mode will give sporty, but comfortable ride. Within this mode, the suspension will adapt to the vehicle inputs, including vehicle speed, steering inputs, braking and acceleration. The transmission will be optimized for smooth, less aggressive shifting. The system will return to OFF when the ignition switch is cycled from RUN to OFF to RUN, if this mode is selected.

• Sport Mode — This mode is selected by the first press of the "SPORT" button. A "SPORT" message will display in the instrument cluster. The system will return to SPORT mode when the ignition switch is cycled from RUN to OFF to RUN, if this mode is selected. This mode will set suspension for maximum performance handling and is intended for spirited driving.

• Track Mode — This includes SPORT mode and affects automatic transmission shifting in either Auto or Manual mode. Refer to "Autostick" in "Starting and Operating" for further information. In TRACK mode, the transmission has a sportier, more aggressive shift pattern. In Manual Mode, the transmission will hold gear at redline during manaul shifting (console shifter or paddle shifters). A "TRACK" message will display in the instrument cluster. The system will return to SPORT mode when the ignition switch is cycled from RUN to OFF to RUN, if this mode is selected.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 2012 R/T Auto with SPORT MODE but I don't have SUPER TRACK PACK. When I use Sport Mode it works exectly as this phrase....

"• Sport Mode — This mode is selected by the first press of the "SPORT" button. A "SPORT" message will display in the instrument cluster. The system will return to SPORT mode when the ignition switch is cycled from RUN to OFF to RUN, if this mode is selected. This mode will set suspension for maximum performance handling and is intended for spirited driving.

• Track Mode — This includes SPORT mode and affects automatic transmission shifting in either Auto or Manual mode. Refer to "Autostick" in "Starting and Operating" for further information. In TRACK mode, the transmission has a sportier, more aggressive shift pattern. In Manual Mode, the transmission will hold gear at redline during manaul shifting (console shifter or paddle shifters). A "TRACK" message will display in the instrument cluster. The system will return to SPORT mode when the ignition switch is cycled from RUN to OFF to RUN, if this mode is selected. "

How ever it does not display this.... A "TRACK" message will display in the instrument cluster.

·
Banned
1,931 Posts
When I push the sport button the word "Sport" shows in my EVIC...when I press the sport button a second time the word "Track" shows in my EVIC....and the trans usually downshifts at the same time..

·
Registered
756 Posts
It was a mid year change in 2012. I believe it was somewhere around March 2012 the 3-mode programming appeared in the SRTs.
But, us early 2012 guys, with 2-mode systems have "normal" and what is now considered "Track" mode, even though it says "Sport". When we hit the little button on the dash, and engage sport mode, the suspension AND transmission parameters are altered. So, what's now become "Sport" mode in the 3-mode system is where just the suspension is firmed up, but no difference in the transmission programming. So, we lack a middle function, not the extreme, "Track" function. I don't really miss it, or find the need for it. But, others may.
On 6-speed SRTs, it's still just 2-mode, as they have no need, or ability to alter transmission performance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just found this in my drive Dodge iphone app:

ELECTRONIC CONTROL DAMPING SYSTEM
This vehicle may be equipped with an electronic controlled dampening system. This system reduces body roll and pitch in many driving situations including cornering, acceleration and braking. There are three modes of operation:

Automatic (Auto) Mode
This is the default position when vehicle ignition is first turned on. Auto mode will give a sporty, but comfortable ride. Within this mode, the suspension will adapt to the vehicle inputs, including road surfaces, vehicle speed, steering inputs, braking, and acceleration.

If AutoStick® is engaged while in “Auto” mode, the transmission will automatically shift up if maximum engine speed is reached.

Heavily pressing the accelerator pedal may generate an automatic downshift for improved acceleration.

This mode should be used for most driving situations.

Sport Mode
This mode is driver selectable when the vehicle is placed in SPORT mode (press the SPORT button on the center console). This mode will set suspension for maximum performance handling and is intended for spirited driving.

When SPORT mode is enabled, a “ SPORT” message will display in the instrument cluster.

NOTE:
The SPORT setting will provide a firmer ride.

Track Mode (Automatic Transmission Only)
This mode is selected when the SPORT button is pushed a second time. This mode combines maximum performance suspension and aggressive transmission calibration.

When Track mode is enabled and the transmission is in AutoStick® the transmission will not automatically upshift at maximum engine speed. It will remain in gear until the driver selects an upshift. When slowing to a stop it will automatically down shift to prevent engine lugging.

When Track mode is enabled a “Track” message will display in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ok here is were i'm confused. On my 12' R/T with SPORT MODE on in drive gear it with shift a higher rpm's...
With SPORT MODE engade in AUTO STICK the transmission will not shift by itself it will red line till I shift it myself.
Is this basically the same thing as TRACK MODE?

·
Registered
103 Posts
ok here is were i'm confused. On my 12' R/T with SPORT MODE on in drive gear it with shift a higher rpm's...
With SPORT MODE engade in AUTO STICK the transmission will not shift by itself it will red line till I shift it myself.
Is this basically the same thing as TRACK MODE?
This says it all:

It was a mid year change in 2012. I believe it was somewhere around March 2012 the 3-mode programming appeared in the SRTs.
But, us early 2012 guys, with 2-mode systems have "normal" and what is now considered "Track" mode, even though it says "Sport". When we hit the little button on the dash, and engage sport mode, the suspension AND transmission parameters are altered. So, what's now become "Sport" mode in the 3-mode system is where just the suspension is firmed up, but no difference in the transmission programming. So, we lack a middle function, not the extreme, "Track" function. I don't really miss it, or find the need for it. But, others may.
On 6-speed SRTs, it's still just 2-mode, as they have no need, or ability to alter transmission performance.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I thought Track Mode was SRTs only. I'll go check my '13 RTC with STP and lunch to see if there's a track mode.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Triz: That is what I am hoping to find out, is there other NON SRT's that behave like mine. That would mean Track Mode only happens on an SRT.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Track mode is SRT only. I own a 2013 R/T Plus Automatic with STP and I only have a sport mode.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Base auto R/T no STP here, and no track mode either, just sport. It does affect the transmission (no more upshifting at redline), though, and probably not the suspension (opposite of what the manual states).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Base auto R/T no STP here, and no track mode either, just sport. It does affect the transmission (no more upshifting at redline), though, and probably not the suspension (opposite of what the manual states).
With the STP you get an upgraded suspension (SRT Parts), mechanical power steering (opposed to electric), 20" rims, High performance Good Year Eagle 1 tires, larger disk brakes, larger calipers,Anti locking brakes and the button when pushed lets your transmission rev higher.

From Dodge:
SUPER TRACK PAK
$595 / $10 A MONTH

245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Heavy Duty Brakes
Anti-Lock Brakes Are Equipped With Electronic Sensors That Prevent Wheel Lockup, Offering Improved Steering Control Under Extreme Braking Or Slippery Conditions.
Goodyear® Brand Tires
Goodyear Is A Registered Trademark Of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
Performance Steering W/Variable Displacement Pump
Sport Suspension

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have an answer: Track Mode only on the SRT! My Owners Manual mentions it, which is why I asked. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Your Guide To The World

I'm thinking about putting these kind of rims on my Challenger, see the link above....

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I'm thinking about putting these kind of rims on my Challenger, see the link above....
Forget the rims, did you see that mod in one of the links?! I'm very, very surprised that this is not a popular option, and this is not a joke. With the proper amount of tint, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I can't believe I just wasted like 10 minutes looking at all those damn "donks"? LOL!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a late 2012 R/T automatic. My sport mode was not turning on when I it the button. I took it in to the dealer for an oil change and to look at my dysfunctional button. This is what they said. They tried to reconfigure my program, but found out there is no program to reconfigure since the R/T is a 2 step mode not 3 step. The Sport button is transmission only for the R/T and does not include suspension. Since there is no dampening device or direct connection to the suspension 2 step system it is impossible to tighten it up. They said the 3 step system is SRT only and is directly connected to shocks and transmission and affects both. I was very disappointed to hear this since the sales guy directly talked my car up to having the ability to get higher RPMs with a tighter suspension for a better drive. I looked into it a little more and it looks like the tighter suspension is just an upgrade in sports shocks...i think? Hmmmm, now what do I do? I didn't necessary pay more for something that wasn't there, I was jus told it was there. :brickwall:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Track mode is SRT only. I own a 2013 R/T Plus Automatic with STP and I only have a sport mode.

Where do you see or read this? 2013 owners manual does not differentiate it states if you have Sport Mode, you have Track. It does not state SRT only.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
Maxoom
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing