Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use the sport mode button much. Just the normal driving mode is fun as hell in my '16 SP. But today I put it in sport mode while I give a friend a taste of what that car is like. Afterwards I pressed the button to turn it off and it a also changed the channel on the radio. Was listening to the SXM radio at the time.

It didn't do anything when turning it on, only off. And it wasn't consistent after numerous tries it stopped doing it. I'll add this came about after 18.45.xx GPS update.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Haha.. mine hasnt done that. 18 challenger sxt but it has showed my seatbelt was unbuckled and told me to to press brake and showed the ignition symbol one day when i turned my blinker on.. doesnt happen much, just every now and then when it wants

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
837 Posts
Any chance you fat-fingered the steering wheel audio controls?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
some how sport mode on the R/Ts and Scatpacks are linked to the uconnect. when my uconn bricked out in my 15R/T, it took sport mode with it. service indicated that this was pretty normal.
Id suggest a total batt disconnect and allow things to reboot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a quad w/ gimbal with 5010 360kv motors 16" prop and 8s afro esc .....i have arround 6 or 7 lipos cells 8000mah but only 3C discharge rate...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance you fat-fingered the steering wheel audio controls?
Update: Turns out it was steering wheel control related. They replaced the left switch and said it would solve the radio changing and the occasional times it would only downshift when trying to upshift with the paddles. Won't know for awhile since the problems happened so infrequently it'll be some time before I can say for sure it's fixed.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,439 Posts
... and the occasional times it would only downshift when trying to upshift with the paddles. ...
Don't hold your breath on that. My 2015 did it, my 2018 did it. If they haven't fixed it in 5 years...
I think if you tap the upshift , not actually press it, it is more likely to happen. And of course it only happens if you are low enough in revs to allow a downshift.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When mine did it it wasn't a single instance. It would only downshift instead of upshift with light taps or deliberate press of the paddle, till the next time the car was started.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
When mine did it it wasn't a single instance. It would only downshift instead of upshift with light taps or deliberate press of the paddle, till the next time the car was started.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. Should this return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out! We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,439 Posts
I feel I understand the issue on how/why it happens with multiplexed controls over minimal circuits in the clockspring, and it is apparent to me that it is an issue with reading the signal, not in the actual controls. For me, in both of the cars that it happens in, it NEVER happens when manually shifting with the floor/console shifter.
When yours gets into that mode where it doesn't work correctly, does the floor shifter also downshift?
BTW, the floor shifter on the A8 is one of the best designed parts of modern Mopars. I love the reverse gate action, the way it should be without all the old safety issues you got with a reverse pattern.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel I understand the issue on how/why it happens with multiplexed controls over minimal circuits in the clockspring, and it is apparent to me that it is an issue with reading the signal, not in the actual controls. For me, in both of the cars that it happens in, it NEVER happens when manually shifting with the floor/console shifter.
When yours gets into that mode where it doesn't work correctly, does the floor shifter also downshift?
BTW, the floor shifter on the A8 is one of the best designed parts of modern Mopars. I love the reverse gate action, the way it should be without all the old safety issues you got with a reverse pattern.
When the problem occurred the floor shifter still worked as it should. I really like the ZF transmission they used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts