Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research as I am a newbie to having a 2016 RT Shaker w/ 6 speed tremec and the STP but there was some talk that an update to the computer software in 2015-2016 R/T with 6 speeds caused a malfunction of the sport mode and loss of engine controls thru the UConnect. Does anyone know if this has been remedied by FCA or is it still an issue?

On a separate note, I purchased a skip shift eliminator and was going to install this weekend, but figured I would check with you guys to see what your thoughts were on it?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
the current software version for the '15/'16 is 18.45.01 - it doesn't have the issues like the 17.11.xx version did which affected Sport Mode

the skip shift eliminator is a good option to go with - the solenoid is on the left (drivers) side of the case, above the crossmember.

there's an identical looking solenoid (and same style) connector at the tail end - don't touch that one. Its the reverse inhibitor solenoid (keeps you from shifting into Reverse while in forward motion)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hal, I have the 17.11.XX version currently. Do I need to go into Dodge to get the 18.45.01 update or can I do it myself?

And thanks about the skip shift eliminator. Heard good things about it and also was warned to be careful when installing in the correct port.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,788 Posts
Welcome again. Go to the Uconnect site, put in your VIN# and it should show the latest available software, which you can do yourself

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
Thanks Hal, I have the 17.11.XX version currently. Do I need to go into Dodge to get the 18.45.01 update or can I do it myself?

And thanks about the skip shift eliminator. Heard good things about it and also was warned to be careful when installing in the correct port.
Version 17.11.01 bricked a lot of peoples sport mode but the main reason you want to go to 18.45.01 is it fixes GPS error as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
just go to the site the @A Guy posted - input your full VIN (letters in CAPs). Downloads are free on the website

when you do the install - don't have any items plugged into SD card port or any phones, or other USB sticks.

use a blank USB stick (formatted in FAT32) with no other files on it.

You can drive the car while its uploading - you'll get several different messages (backup camera, blind spot / cross path, etc) that won't be operational during the install and it will re-boot system several times with the light gray screen showing each pass. It takes ~ 20 minutes for the installation

You might have to set the selections for Set time using GPS or the 12 / 24 hour mode for clock.

after install, power down vehicle and open / shut door (this turns off courtesy power for accessories) and let it set for ~ 15 minutes as it does the final steps.

you should be good to go after that

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Another thing about those downloads, you'll need to unzip the file, otherwise your car won't be able to read it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MUCH APPRECIATION goes out to Hal H, A Guy and Chally Tatum and MEKrunner for all your help and advise! Downloaded the newer software version, unzipped it to the USB and 35 minutes later, I have Sport mode engine control back! Also, Skip Shift Eliminator was installed without issues so we are good to go. Thanks again for all your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts