Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 300 of 820 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
still have not got the pop up to do the update
was sent an email on 9/01 to expect it, but nothing yet.
2015 SRT A8
You have an SRT 392 and had an issue with a previous update that caused the loss of driving modes? Or is there another issue you're waiting to be fixed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
well I contacted Dodge cares and they stated it could take up to
4 weeks to recieve the update after you get the email.

But low and behold it popped up yesterday

Install went smooth, have all features

15 SRT A8

·
Registered
118 Posts
As a heads up to everyone......I updated my 2015 rt today while parked....I thought it would be safe by now but noooo...I lost engine sport mode...the traction and steering and flag on dash go into sport but not the engine...it stays in street mode:frown:......I send pm to dodge cares asking for help...will update when I hear from them....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Received a quick reply from Andrea that her u connect team are reviewing it...thanks Andrea.....A couple of observations...I can now reduce the launch control rpms to below 2500....I also was able to drag the performance page Icon to the menu bar so I can toggle quickly between say the radio and the triple guage screen which I like.....the car in the theme page appears to be the front of a charger now?

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Received a quick reply from Andrea that her u connect team are reviewing it...thanks Andrea.....A couple of observations...I can now reduce the launch control rpms to below 2500....I also was able to drag the performance page Icon to the menu bar so I can toggle quickly between say the radio and the triple guage screen which I like.....the car in the theme page appears to be the front of a charger now?
you can go into the settings menu add select the model / make.

I've seen Jeep / Chrysler / Dodge models to select from

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,634 Posts
As a heads up to everyone......I updated my 2015 rt today while parked....I thought it would be safe by now but noooo...I lost engine sport mode...the traction and steering and flag on dash go into sport but not the engine...it stays in street mode:frown:......I send pm to dodge cares asking for help...will update when I hear from them....
I have a '15 RT+ (no STP) and have yet to get an update request. How do you know that sport mode is not working if you get the flag to show up on the dash? (nevermind, sounds like you have STP) Only other way I can tell is if I hold the throttle constant at ~35mph, hit the sport button and feel a slight kick when sport is activated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I no longer get the kick you speak of....which i did before the up date....also the sport set up page shows the engine always in street mode...I am concerned it somehow screwed up the level 1 scat pack pcm for the 345 that the dealer installed last year....the car does not feel the same...the update kept poping up on the screen for the last couple weeks and the only way to get it off the screen was to push install later which I got tired of doing. ..I never asked for the dam thing, I was forced into it.....I am not happy

·
Registered
118 Posts
after going back to page 21 of this thread from months ago I see there is a "patch" that is supposed to be sent over the air to fix no sport mode after the forced update........why a couple days ago did andrea reply to me saying they are reviewing my no sport mode issue??? why didnt she reply there is a patch to fix it and that it will be sent to me??? why are they still makeing us update when they know it deletes sport mode???? I am confused and more than a little pissed.........

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,644 Posts
I believe that it was not, at least commonly, affecting the R/Ts. If so, it may be that your issue is unique, and not the common issue others are having?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I contacted Dodge Cares to find out why I have not gotten the patch to fix the sport mode in my 2016 Scat Pack and I was told that the patch that has been put out is only for 2015 manual Chargers and Challengers. Strange thing does Dodge not know that one Chargers are all automatic and two many other 2016 manual Challenger owners that have the sport mode bug, but dodge only makes a patch for 2015 Challengers? Now all of us 2016 Challenger owners are still waiting for a fix! I hope I can buy the patch from some 2015 manual Charger owner that doesn't need it. If there are any that read this please contact me I WANT MY CHALLENGER SCAT PACK BACK TO FULL FUCTION SPORT MODE!! P.S Dodge please put out a patch to fix the engine sport mode on my 2016 Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker manual transmission in the color granite with the Ruby Red and Black interior, with the Harmon Kardon sound group, heated and cooled seats and 8.4 touch screen with nav. I hope I did not leave ant thing out I would hate to be left out of the next sport mode bug patch and have to wait for the one after that!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2016 M6 SP has been broken since May. Sent them my VIN twice. No OTA updates. Need to pay my dealer a visit I suppose. Almost as much fun as a visit to DMV.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I contacted Dodge Cares to find out why I have not gotten the patch to fix the sport mode in my 2016 Scat Pack and I was told that the patch that has been put out is only for 2015 manual Chargers and Challengers. Strange thing does Dodge not know that one Chargers are all automatic and two many other 2016 manual Challenger owners that have the sport mode bug, but dodge only makes a patch for 2015 Challengers? Now all of us 2016 Challenger owners are still waiting for a fix! I hope I can buy the patch from some 2015 manual Charger owner that doesn't need it. If there are any that read this please contact me I WANT MY CHALLENGER SCAT PACK BACK TO FULL FUCTION SPORT MODE!! P.S Dodge please put out a patch to fix the engine sport mode on my 2016 Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker manual transmission in the color granite with the Ruby Red and Black interior, with the Harmon Kardon sound group, heated and cooled seats and 8.4 touch screen with nav. I hope I did not leave ant thing out I would hate to be left out of the next sport mode bug patch and have to wait for the one after that!
My 2016 M6 SP has been broken since May. Sent them my VIN twice. No OTA updates. Need to pay my dealer a visit I suppose. Almost as much fun as a visit to DMV.
Same here. It's been going on what, 6 weeks, about to be 7 since the patch was announced and I still don't have an update on my 2016. I think I'm going to have to get the dealer to start needlessly replacing stuff to get attention to this. Honestly, I don't think I could buy another Challenger in the future because the last thing I want to do is keep bring my car to a Dodge dealership, which they all seem to have horrible service.

·
Registered
118 Posts
up3985 was told the patch was only for 2015 manual challengers.....well mine is a 2015 manual and they have done nothing for me....dodge cares has all my info.......the frustrating thing is the patch should have been incorporated into the update by now or STOP SENDING OUT THE UPDATE UNTIL IT IS....it is a known issue by now....there is no excuse for this....where I used to work my ass would have been grass if I was responsible for this.....I am old and try to enjoy every day and not sweat the small stuff.....but this incompetence and lack of common sense still irks me...still have not even received a courtesy email with any progress...is Andrea even a real person?......I think we should start a thread to list everyone who has a problem with this update.....and when or if or how they resolved it.....and how long they waited....end of rant

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long does it takes to get the new software patch after I sent my VIN in a PM? I haven't received anything yet and I wonder if it's because I don't drive my car every day?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Andrea sent me a pm that she is still working with the u connect team to fix the sport mode on my 2015 6m rt.......She is apparently a real person who is trying to help us so I will try to be patient and appreciate her involvement...... I notice in launch control I now can set rpm to lower than 2500.....I think only automatic are able to do that so maybe the update was designed for automatics only????

·
Registered
Challenger Scat Pack
35 Posts
I had given up. Right after they announced a fix I got mine a couple days later. It had asked me to set a time and date to allow the update to run. It gave specific instructions for the vehicle to be parked and not I use. I did that and it still never fixed anything. I have a tazer and just have drive mode as a favorite menu selection and put it in track mode. This puts the engine in the sport mode setting. It's the best option I have now and have gotten use to since the update messes everything up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good news....I pulled in the garage today,turned off the car,and another update appeared on my screen.....I quickly hit update now and the update installed in about 10 min.....my sport mode now works!!! as it should.....so there is indeed a patch fix for sport mode that I hope everyone with problems receives soon.....Thanks Andrea....just be patient like I was >:) the software version that shows now is 17.11....good luck

281 - 300 of 820 Posts