Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
675 Posts
Looks like you may need to bump the rpm range up for the runners to switch. A couple of hundred could be enough to kill that drop in power. I have seen that tuned out by doing that.
I'm not sure what' you're seeing, but the cylinder filling is already dropping before the switch. Switching later is just going to make it drop further before the changeover.

Also, notice the shift points. You really don't want the runners flopping back and forth at each gear change. If I had a larger camshaft that would carry VE higher and a higher rpm limit accompanied by higher shift points, moving the switch point up could make sense. Or just switch to an Edelbrock intake.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,731 Posts
Problem with the edelbrock is there is some low end power loss. Running the 6.4 intake with the short runner valve gives you best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
675 Posts
Take a look at this same run, this time look at the elapsed time along the bottom. Note the amount of time from when the accelerator pedal position reaches 91% to when the engine rpm has reached 4700rpm and the intake has switched to the shorter runners (including some torque reduction to slow it down). That is the only time the runners spend in the short -meant to say LONG- position when making a pass.

Now for normal driving around on the street or down the highway, yes the short - meant to say LONG - runners are nice.

392_3.jpg

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I'm not sure what' you're seeing, but the cylinder filling is already dropping before the switch. Switching later is just going to make it drop further before the changeover.

Also, notice the shift points. You really don't want the runners flopping back and forth at each gear change. If I had a larger camshaft that would carry VE higher and a higher rpm limit accompanied by higher shift points, moving the switch point up could make sense. Or just switch to an Edelbrock intake.
yeah I was thinking of power dropping.. I guess I need to pay attention. :(

21 - 25 of 25 Posts