Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what's better...

Every time I wash my Challenger (weekly, bi-weekly) that's a DD I use Griots Garage Spray-on Wax and Speed Shine to help shine and protect paint. She always feels like glass and I can see my reflection in the paint. Plus when it rains I rarely have to turn my wipers on because the water beads up and run off windshield. Also, when I go to wash my car water beads and runs off pushing dirt off with it.

I'd use Paste but fear of the swirls in paint and never really used it enough to "properly" apply it. Also, very time consuming.

So I read if Spray Wax is used weekly or bi-weekly like I do, its the same as using Paste Wax couple times a year. Spray Wax estimates 15 minutes a car whereas Paste Wax will take couple hours and multiple coats.

Thoughts...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know about Girot's, but most other 'Spray Wax' products I've looked up don't list 'wax' in their ingredients at all, which is probably why frequent reapplication is recommended.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about Girot's, but most other 'Spray Wax' products I've looked up don't list 'wax' in their ingredients at all, which is probably why frequent reapplication is recommended.
I used it on my girlfriends car too. After she washed it she wanted me to spray it on her windows because rain ran off her windshield. She definitely doesn't wash her car as much a me so for it to do its magic over month or 2 span should mean something.

·
Registered
588 Posts
In between washes I use detailer spray and/or spray wax. I know this isnt the "best" spray out there but I'm a fan of eagle one spray nanowax. I use it on the whole car and when it rains, most of the water just rolls off the windows and body of the car.

No exaggeration, my car looks like this 99% of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Lucas Slick Mist works great & is super easy to work with as a detailer spray. For wax I've been using Ice paste, it seems to last a long time for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks great man. I think if you use a spray wax, more important than type or brand is frequency of use. Anyone that puts the time and effort into keeping their car clean, and does it with proper techniques, I think will have a beautiful car regardless of product (for the most part).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Spray works goon on flat black stripes...

No wax build up. I've used several types. All worked great.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use detailing spray a lot in between waxing and polishing, but when I do wax I use paste wax and a buffer to buff away the swirls. Everybody has their own way and technique so just continue to do what works.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My neighbor can tell I keep up with the paint, a compliment from a guy whose cars are 7+ yrs old and look better then new AND are parked outside. Asked him too about waxing, told me of a guy he used that waxes then puts a sealant on and protects for a year. I'll do that for winter.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same for mine this El Paso dust is relentless

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice spray, works great for me.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Cquartz/reload turns paint into glass. Once sealed you're good for 2+years at the minimum...You can spritz with reload to remove dust and renew the sealer...the best I've ever used in my automotive career...Like me, once you try these car-pro products you will throw away all other waxes, sprays, and whatever. a little pricy thou not bad. but, if you add up all the inferior products you've wasted money on trying to find "The One That Works" you'll have paid for it many times over...AutoGeek.com Automotive Super Site
......autogeek.com

·
Super Moderator
13,696 Posts
Spray waxes, like Meguires Quick Wax, do a great job but they don't last as long as paste or liquid waxes (maybe a few weeks). I agree that paste waxes are not as easy to apply as spray waxes, but why not use a liquid wax? I use Meguires Ultimate Liquid Wax. It is very easy to apply and gets fantastic results and months between waxes. I, do however, use Meguires Ultimate Detail Spray in between to maintain a high gloss finish.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Everyone needs to check out the junkman on YouTube. He has some great videos that explain a lot of misconceptions and explain how to really take care of ur paint and not waste a lot of money. Really well worth ur time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts