Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow 7 days flew in such a whirlwind for me. I would like to thank Cam and Eric at Crank This Performance for all the help it was a pleasure to be part of the crew.
I shipped the Swampmonster the first week of March out to Cam to prepare for Spring Fest. Cam is a Bad Man with a Dodge!!
I arrived and picked up the car on Tuesday then headed to US wheel to hang out with Bizmark the man behind all the madness at USW. I have been working on a Drag Racing wheel and it was ready for me to see finally a solid year in the works!! All I can say it's Badd Azz great job USW it Rocks!!
I then headed to my main stop on this trip So Cal Speed nothing more I can say. I have been a fan of those guys since childhood. They invented Drag Racing in 1942 major history. They started the madness that I still chase today. I arrived at So Cal Speed in Pomona Biz guided me in from USW. I took the tour and was floored with all the jaw dropping Badd Azz Hot Rods. They I met in person the Baddest Man on the Planet with a Hot Rod Jimmy Shine. We talked for over 2 hours about Drag Racing and building cars amazing stuff. The guy is a genius with a car. I then like to fall off the rocker when he said pull you Challenger in the shop, I was like WTF!!! Jimmy Shine himself started pulling my shifter out to fab up a So Cal Speed shift knob custom made for my car. He was working on the Swampmonster that was Kool Chit!!!! I told him to come hang out at SF but he had some TV stuff to do so he was not able to make Spring Fest but promised me next year he will be on the property.
Beach Burger was a sold out event. It is all that it is buzzed up to be all the Challengers and Dodge guys in 1 place was Kool. I had a front row spot thanks to all the guys that welcomed me. That place is like history unbelievable!! They had Speedfactory, Vortech, KB, all the guys in one spot for the ultimate cruise nite. Dodge Executives guys showed up and it even made it better than ever. They took Not Sures car for a ride down Beach Blvd!!
Friday USW Open House the Baddest of the Bad of cars in one spot Off The Chains!!!!! Twin Turbo 426 of Flex Wheeler is a Beast!!!! Hulk with the KB a Animal!! They had so many heavy hitters I was speechless. I was chosen to do a USW interview and video shoot for the production company. I enjoyed that plus sharing the new USW Racing wheel was Kool stuff!! But as I was backing out it was a tight fit I bumped into a rack and put a dent in the drivers side fender. I was sick!!! USW said no problem they sent me to Mothers Polish around the corner and they fixed it on the spot that is a whole story in its self. Those guys at Mothers are serious with a car they don't mess around, In 2 hours better than new.
Friday Nite was a moment I will never forget. Dodge Corporate Executives know how to throw a party. I parked the SwampMonster in the Dodge Corporate executive parking and had a blast. I got to talk in length and smoke cigars with Ralph Giles, Scott Brown of Chrysler and the SRT engineers for hours. We sat in chairs and talked shop along with the Chief Editor for Hot Rod Magazine. I then got interviewed for the SRT group about the Challenger and we walked over to the Swampmonster to do the shoot. Ralph and Scott where floored with the sound of that Big Azz Camshaft plus the Torco out the pipes sold them. Long Nite hanging out with those guys they like to talk shop!!
Saturday morning getting the Car ready for the booth at Crank This Performance and Arrington they were together. The CTP Jeep SRT with the 426 with the Techco SC is a badd azz Jeep. The Hillybilly CTP Challenger is SIK!!!!! I enjoyed talking with Eric from Arrington in length Kool dude. I then had a cold beer at my car with AJ Hemi Tuner we really had some good conversation about tuning the late model Dodge. I have to agree we agree on a lot of the same things. I look forward to seeing him again soon:thumbsup:. Spring Fest was a chance to meet all the guys on the property at the same time some on this forum and others.They had over 200 Challengers from all over the USA and Canada on the property at one time. This is the Premier Event in the world for Challengers. I have been to Challenger Fest but this event is Insane nothing can come close to Spring Fest!! The guys at West Coast Challengers Rock!!!:guiness:Class act all the way around!!! I am from the south and hospitality is very important where I am from and those guys sure made ya feel welcome! The day was amazing and Hats Off to Dodge and all the Corporate Executives that made it possible!! Fat Chance you are the MAN!!!! That new 2011 300 you have Rocks Hard!! Charger Girl you sure made it happen with all your hard work!! I have a lot of pictures to post and will be doing that later still have to sort them all out.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
The guys at West Coast Challengers Rock!!!:guiness:Class act all the way around!!! I am from the south and hospitality is very important where I am from and those guys sure made ya feel welcome!
Thank you for the kind comments BW. Right back at ya. You represented the South in style. You're more than welcome to come visit anytime.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
great write up George. Next year I will be joining you, sounds like way to much fun to miss it again.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the Swampmonster home thanks Cam for helping!! I went to So Cal with my car for 1 reason, I had to go see the Master of Masters in person. The best car builder in the World! Jimmy Shine at So-Cal Speed. I wanted to show Shine my Hot Rod and he liked it!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I also will never forget the visit with Not Sure showing up with car 1 at Beach Burger!!
Also can't forget Kool Hand LUKE!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These pix speaks VOLUMES!!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My SRT Interview was great Thanks Dodge!!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sharing the day In Hunnington Beach with some Woodies was Priceless!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not Sure and Jeff at Beach Burger talking about the So Cal experience and Not Sure surprise visit from Vortech!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The USW Interveiw was off the Chains!!

This Hot Rod Needs no Introduction!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The BADDEST Challenger In The World A real life Hot Wheel!!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Great wright up BW. This is the premier event for Mopar. Save a spot for me next year! I'll be bringing the heat Wyoming style! Scal has the roots the history with hot cars. It's the place to be and it gets bigger every year.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The Mad Man behind the USW machine Mr. Bismarck Alvarado !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts