Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok still contemplating springs for my 2015 R/T Plus A8.
I bought a set of SRT springs from a member here, but at 300 bucks to install I want to get it right the first time. At 5'-7" washing the roof is a pain, ideally I'd like to lower it 6" (I know impossible).
Ok back to reality, what would be best, Hellcat Springs (saw someone selling a set on FaceBook for 300, seems over priced), cut 1/2 coil off of the SRT springs I have or Mopar Stage 1s?
Also what will he Demon springs be like, lowering and performance wise?
When I do this, in time should I also go with Bilstein shocks?
Right now I am just collecting info and parts and taking notes. When I do it, maybe next summer I want to do rims 10.5" rear, 9" front, 315/35 rear 245/45 front, front and rear strut bars, maybe a cross brace, shocks, struts and springs all at once. Maybe even an AFR Max Air. Just want to keep it to a weekend project minus the paint for the hood.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
I believe the SRT spring will lower your R/T .75" to 1". I think 1/2 coil cut off yields approx 3/4". 1.5 to 1.75"? Eibach Pro springs will give you about the same drop. Cutting 1/2 coil from the SRT springs will change the spring rate. What effect that will have, good or bad, I cannot say.

A Guy

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used Eibach sportline on my SRT, lowered it about 1 inch. Should lower the R/T 1 1/2- 1 3/4? Mopar stage one will lower as much as your srt springs. I think besides coil overs, the sportline springs would get you the lowest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts