Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone might know the spring rates for the following OEM springs?
5181609AB
68083469AC

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, any idea where you might be able to find this out. Kind was hoping a Dealer like Luke at SW might know or have access to this info.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
9 Posts
Hellcat.org

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I searched, but didn't find anything...including Hellcat.org

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I have seen the spring rate info that TheRedKey linked, but was hoping to be able to put part numbers to some of those rates. I have a 2018 TA 392 and I know my springs part numbers and they are pretty stiff. I don't really want to lower the car but would like to soften the springs some but I don't think as much as the Demon/1320 springs as I do drive the care daily, but would like a little better squat when I hit it to get better traction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just happen to be selling my Hellcat Challenger springs, 6k mi. lmk.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Yes, I saw that Hellcat post as well, but didn't address the spring rate of the specific springs. I've looked before for a list of springs/spring rates, and could find none. Occasionally FCA will list the spring rates on a new vehicle when discussing the differences (Scat Pack to WB Scat Pack for instance), but don't address the many possibilities found when trying to ascertain which springs are actually installed (many listed)

A Guy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am afraid that the Hellcat springs don't fit what I am looking for. If the other post is right the rear rate wold be the same and the front even stiffer than what I have, most likely due to the extra weight up front. If the the one post is correct then my springs are 284F and 778R. I would like something along the lines of what is listed for the Challenger SRT8 at 261F and 669R but I don't know the year or part numbers for those springs. The bad thing is how they list every spring that fits when you look on a mopar parts site even when you put the year/make/and model of vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts