Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with this drive-by-wire power converter on their Challenger.Claims to improve throttle reponse w / 3 levels of programming ( stock,sport and race). Jegs offers this converter for 2008-up Challengers for $329 and Mustangs,Corvettes etc also. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow, $329?

Thats more than a Predator, which does that as part of the tune (properly!), in addition to adding some real power gains in the way of optimized timing and fuel maps, not to mention things like rev and speed limit adjustment, tire size adjustment, spark and fuel fine tuning control, and more.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Wow, $329?

Thats more than a Predator, which does that as part of the tune (properly!), in addition to adding some real power gains in the way of optimized timing and fuel maps, not to mention things like rev and speed limit adjustment, tire size adjustment, spark and fuel fine tuning control, and more.

But less than a TB that people end up getting to alleviate the lag. Yeah, we all know what a Predator tune does, no reason to plug your product in rebuttal. These things aren't new, in larger trucks they were called potentiometers and were adjustable, now someone is just trying to adapt them for use in cars to help with throttle response that even a Predator tune doesn't entirely fix.

Jack

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
But less than a TB that people end up getting to alleviate the lag. Yeah, we all know what a Predator tune does, no reason to plug your product in rebuttal. These things aren't new, in larger trucks they were called potentiometers and were adjustable, now someone is just trying to adapt them for use in cars to help with throttle response that even a Predator tune doesn't entirely fix.

Jack
Sorry, but I'd have advised him to look at a Predator whether I worked here or not.

If you dont feel it fixes it properly, email me your tune, and tell me how sensitive you'd like it.

There is a very simple adjustment in CMR that can make the pedal as touchy as you could ever want. We dont go nuts with it in the canned tunes, as some people dont like it that way, but it can certainly be improved upon without adding a $329 plug in device ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sorry, but I'd have advised him to look at a Predator whether I worked here or not.

If you dont feel it fixes it properly, email me your tune, and tell me how sensitive you'd like it.

There is a very simple adjustment in CMR that can make the pedal as touchy as you could ever want. We dont go nuts with it in the canned tunes, as some people dont like it that way, but it can certainly be improved upon without adding a $329 plug in device ;)
Is this an adjustment only you guys can make or can an owner find a menu in the predator and tweak it himself/herself?

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Is this an adjustment only you guys can make or can an owner find a menu in the predator and tweak it himself/herself?

Adding to that Mike, since you're offering, you willing to do this for free for all us Predator owners?

Jack

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As mentioned, it is already adjusted in the canned tunes, but there is more to tweak if desired.

It is not an adjustable param in the tools currently, but Johan has been looking at adding it as an adjustable param for you guys.

As of right now, it is a custom tune only thing though.

Adding to that Mike, since you're offering, you willing to do this for free for all us Predator owners?

Jack
That could turn into quite a request, hence the reason we are looking to add it to the tool. Lets say for now that I'll do it for anyone who wants it through Friday ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
ok cool, it will be awhile before I do anything like that to my car anyway so you will probably have it in the tool by the time I purchase

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i have the sprint booster and the predator. the sprint booster does exactly what they say it does. if you want a fast reacting more aggressive pedal, you will like it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i have the sprint booster and the predator. the sprint booster does exactly what they say it does. if you want a fast reacting more aggressive pedal, you will like it.
Would you be willing to send me your tunes and let us make you a few different throttle response tunes, to see if the tune can match or beat the feel of the black box??

Keep in mind, these tables are adjusted a bit in the tunes already, so you ought to have a pretty touchy throttle with the booster added on top.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

If it is such an easy thing, have you guys considered making it user adjustable in the customize menues of the stock tunes? I could see that adding a lot of value to your product.

EDIT: Whoops. I Replied before i read the entire thread, my bad. I see you already stated Johan was working on that very thing for the future. Cool, can't wait.

·
Banned
928 Posts
Agreed. Same on my car and mine is supercharged

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Would you be willing to send me your tunes and let us make you a few different throttle response tunes, to see if the tune can match or beat the feel of the black box??

Keep in mind, these tables are adjusted a bit in the tunes already, so you ought to have a pretty touchy throttle with the booster added on top.

tell me how to send you my tune?? i only have the 93 octane tune with adjustments to the cooling fans.

tony

·
Registered
247 Posts
why was this not an adjustable option on the predator to begin with any why is it is STILL not yet? I don't want to be forced to spend $100 on a tune just to adjust my pedal position (what the sprint booster does) if i don't want a full CMR tune yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts