Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea we can't wait to get it. This is part of a group buy, but seems to be tough to get the remaining peeps. Maybe everyone already has one. :)
Anyway, still looking for 3 more interested at getting it for $260.

That's $30 cheaper than their website. Please let me know, as we are about to move forward.

Thanks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
First I'm seeing this? And I'm on the Hellcat forum everyday. Sounds interesting. I will have to do some research. May be my next mod.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here is the thread Bro.
Sprint Booster V3 Hellcat Forum Discount. | SRT Hellcat Forum
Plenty of info on it, 10-15 min install...no codes and light...
I'm Heminized on the Hellcat forum also...

PM me if you want in. We are about to pull the trigger.
Don't be fooled!

The only thing that the sprint booster can influence is the accelerator pedal position that the ECU receives.

sprint-booster-output-voltage1.png Disadvantages
Installing a sprint booster means the available travel in the accelerator pedal is not fully utilized. There is a large dead zone where the voltage sent to the engine management is 100%. This means you’ve lost precision in throttle control. You’ve lost resolution. Your ability to make small adjustments to throttle has been degraded. You can’t feather the throttle.

Throttle delay or throttle response is not how fast you push the gas pedal or how fast the computer thinks you did. It's the time it takes the engine to respond to the change in the gas pedal position.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the advice Tom. I am close to buying the booster. I understand what you are saying but on my 6 speed the disadvantages you speak of are actually what I think will help me. I have studied the the "Two Guys Garage" video ....even on fastest setting fully mashing the pedal still beats the valve fully opening. It would have been nice to show the valve position at half pedal to demonstrate your graph. To me the pedal travel seems a mile long with areas of no response....I think I would be ok with full open at half the pedal travel if I had quicker response in that travel which the video seems to show. I think it will still be far from an on/off switch feeling......Of course I wont know until I try it for myself.Last I knew they had a 30 day money back warranty. Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the advice Tom. I am close to buying the booster. I understand what you are saying but on my 6 speed the disadvantages you speak of are actually what I think will help me. I have studied the the "Two Guys Garage" video ....even on fastest setting fully mashing the pedal still beats the valve fully opening. It would have been nice to show the valve position at half pedal to demonstrate your graph. To me the pedal travel seems a mile long with areas of no response....I think I would be ok with full open at half the pedal travel if I had quicker response in that travel which the video seems to show. I think it will still be far from an on/off switch feeling......Of course I wont know until I try it for myself.Last I knew they had a 30 day money back warranty. Thanks
Well good luck with it. There are many that like it. As long as you know what it is actually doing for you.:icon_cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have one Challenger Sprint Booster v3 for $260. That's the OTD price....includes priority shipping.

The V3 has the pedal lockout which is a nice anti theft option for your Challenger.
You can PM here or visit me on the Hellcat.org forum to get this shipped out.

I'm also going to be putting together a Bwoody intake group purchase hopefully in the near future...

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts